+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Unofficial NCM Ashes thread

Normal service resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Normal service resumed.
    Sad but inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Sad but inevitable.
    Exactly what was expected to happen...they have no balls for a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Exactly what was expected to happen...they have no balls for a fight.
    A thread of hope yesterday. I was of the opinion that if we made it to the new ball and only 1 or 2 wickets before lunch we could at least put up a fight. What a mistake to make. Once Root was rolled I turned off.

Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    A thread of hope yesterday. I was of the opinion that if we made it to the new ball and only 1 or 2 wickets before lunch we could at least put up a fight. What a mistake to make. Once Root was rolled I turned off.
    The only hope when you're over-matched is to fight tooth and nail for everything...you have to try and wear them down at the same time as play yourself into the series. Make their attack have to strive for every wicket. I'm talking injuries here, it's the only chance. 8 wickets today for 75 runs is unacceptable. No fight, no resistance at all.

Batting in cricket isn’t like football or any other sport. You can’t simply run more or try harder.
    Batting at elite level is unbelievably technical. Having a good technique of when to attack, defend or leave.
    Sadly, England’s batting line up lacks players with a good enough technique. Joe Root aside. The number of wickets that fell due to not leaving the ball well during this test was a joke. The tone was set from the very first ball when Burns was bowled leg stump.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    The only hope when you're over-matched is to fight tooth and nail for everything...you have to try and wear them down at the same time as play yourself into the series. Make their attack have to strive for every wicket. I'm talking injuries here, it's the only chance. 8 wickets today for 75 runs is unacceptable. No fight, no resistance at all.

Last 4 Aussie wickets put on 189 I think. Enuff said. No bollox and no spine. Goodbye Burns.

It’s going to be an interesting last hour

Another master class in the field by Pomgolia again....9 dropped catches in the series so far to none from the Aussies.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast