+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Unofficial NCM Ashes thread

O/T:- Unofficial NCM Ashes thread

First time I have not been to the Brisbane test in a long time but I just couldn't get motivated for it this year.

Great start not. Thoughts on how the series will go? I can only see a comprehensive victory for Australia in the tests probably 4 or 5 nil. Our best other chance is with the cancelation of the test in WA due to the border restrictions that they play 2 tests in Adelaide but that's probably not very likely where we generally do better due to the conditions. A lot of rain forecast here over the next few days and its VERY humid, so our only hope is the rain will save us in this one, but I can only see storms for an hour or two once or twice a day. been getting a lot early in the day and then 4 or 5pm last couple of weeks. Not sure this lot can put in the required shift at all.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-12-2021 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Added omitted Off Topic prefix

Ha ha, 2 for 11....should’ve had money on that happening; totally predictable. By the way, you don’t know what real humidity is hillbilly.

3-11. Can they make 20? Won’t need to worry about the rain, it’ll be over by Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Ha ha, 2 for 11....should’ve had money on that happening; totally predictable. By the way, you don’t know what real humidity is hillbilly.
    Spent plenty of time in the NT Foreign. Trust me I do! It is pretty humid down here today for SEQ with all the rain we've been getting this year ( most in 126 years in November) its been far more humid than normal. Still I am sitting in my air conditioned office so *******s to that!

3-11. Can they make 20?
    So glad I didn't buy a ticket!

Burns and Malan not up to it.

Burns and Malan not up to it.
    Whole team not up for it. Does anyone want to infect the England team with COVID and we can call it a dishonourable draw.

I don't think they've had a proper game of cricket since they've been out there have they? seems today could be classed as one of their warm up games !

Let’s have a bat on a green wicket, on an overcast day, against the best bowling attack in the world. Let’s send out some blokes that aren’t test standard and hope we can get to lunch with only a wicket or two down.

Let’s have a bat on a green wicket, on an overcast day, against the best bowling attack in the world. Let’s send out some blokes that aren’t test standard and hope we can get to lunch with only a wicket or two down.
    According to the BBC Root was correct in opting to bat. Well I don't think that decision took into account the psychological ramifications of a complete collapse on day 1 of 5 tests and the ongoing impact that will have on a team that wasn't up to standard in the first place!

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast