+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: O/T:- Unofficial NCM Ashes thread

As EP says, that last over from Mahmood has to be the worst death over ever from an England bowler. I lost count of the wides. I should hope he's never given the last over to bowl again, assuming he plays again.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    As EP says, that last over from Mahmood has to be the worst death over ever from an England bowler. I lost count of the wides. I should hope he's never given the last over to bowl again, assuming he plays again.
    Disagree. The worst death over by an England bowler that I have seen was Stokes’ World Cup final over.
    At the end of the day we won. Mahmood will take plenty of experience from that over as will Morgan (who may think twice about giving Mahmood the final over again).

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Disagree. The worst death over by an England bowler that I have seen was Stokes’ World Cup final over.
    At the end of the day we won. Mahmood will take plenty of experience from that over as will Morgan (who may think twice about giving Mahmood the final over again).
    Got to agree about the Stokes over, 19 runs knocked of it.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Got to agree about the Stokes over, 19 runs knocked of it.
    Stokes over - 19 runs conceded

Mahmood over - 28 runs conceded

You pays your money and you takes your choices.

Stokes went for 24 off 4 balls with the WIndies needing 19 to win a World Cup final. There was still 2 balls remaining in the over.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Stokes went for 24 off 4 balls with the WIndies needing 19 to win a World Cup final. There was still 2 balls remaining in the over.
    Defo the worst😰

Whilst not ranking that highly in the world of watchable sport, just saw the woman's Ashes team follow in the footsteps of their illustrious male counterparts and botch/bottle a winning position in the test match. From 218/3, with plenty of overs left, chasing 257 in what would've been a world record chase, to 245/9 and draw, which means they have to win all 3 ODIs to win the Ashes. I don't normally watch woman's cricket but this was comedy at its best. Almost as comical as drawing at Wealdstone and losing at Bromley.

Talking of death overs, Jason Holder has just bowled a pretty good one - 2nb . W W W W

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Whilst not ranking that highly in the world of watchable sport, just saw the woman's Ashes team follow in the footsteps of their illustrious male counterparts and botch/bottle a winning position in the test match. From 218/3, with plenty of overs left, chasing 257 in what would've been a world record chase, to 245/9 and draw, which means they have to win all 3 ODIs to win the Ashes. I don't normally watch woman's cricket but this was comedy at its best. Almost as comical as drawing at Wealdstone and losing at Bromley.
    I said the same on another thread and someone tried to defend it, ones and twos were the answer instead of trying to hit the ball out of the ground with 6 fielders on the boundary. Painful to watch.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223