+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Unofficial NCM Ashes thread

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    England's batting is beyond pathetic. Woakes top scorer FFS!
    Decent effort with the ball in the last session, but although Australia's lead is only 152 even that might be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Decent effort with the ball in the last session, but although Australia's lead is only 152 even that might be enough.
    Oz should declare to make a game of it.

finally a half decent opening partnership.....a half decent team should be able to knock those runs off. Then again......

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    finally a half decent opening partnership.....a half decent team should be able to knock those runs off. Then again......
    After a good start 3 gone for 15, looks like the usual collapse is on

I woke up this morning to Test Match Special telling me England needed 271 to win. Always good to start the day with a laugh!

If we go on and win it will only mask our failings.
    Time to rethink the cricket season. Money is more important than good coaching, and we need test cricket or we'll end up playing rounders!

Not sure how Burns stayed in as long as he did. I've walked away now after several hours of viewing. Be surprised if we make 150. Crawley on the balance of more recent innings looks like he is worth persevering with for a while but gawd knows who is going to partner him.

EDIT - I just read that the opening stand in this innings is our highest opening stand in Australia since 2013. My lord.

10 wickets for 50+ runs, PATHETIC

If it is the last thing that Boris does could he rescind the visas of this England so called cricket squad and not allow them to return into the country. I would suggest deporting them to Pitcairn Island but that would be unfair on those that already live there!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So, a target of 152 would have been more than enough. The bowlers did a pretty good job in taking 20 Australian wickets for 458 runs, but our batting is just pitiful. We don't just lack technique, we lack any sort of guts, fight and application. The whole series has been men against boys, only the Sydney rain saved us from a deserved whitewash.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast