+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ashes.

The Ashes.

What a bunch of inept t w a t s, a national embarrassment time after time in Australia.

Burns bowled leg stump first ball of the match.

Malan playing a ball above waist height with a forward defensive.......a cardinal sin at The GABBA, every man and his dog knows you can trust the bounce and leave it alone at that place but no......our idiot has to play a nothing shot and get out.

Unbelievably poor selection leaving out Broad and Anderson unless Anderson was unfit and then to choose to bat on that wicket was moronic.

Five minutes before it started I texted a young mate of mine and reminded him of first night Ashes nightmares of the past including Michael Slater cracking four fours of the first over on his way to a big hundred in the 90’s and Harmison’s first ball that almost killed fourth slip and went for 5 wides 15 years ago.

I mused on what the embarrassment level would be this time around, it wasn’t “IF we mess up” it was just a matter of how big a calamity it would be.

We have such an uncanny knack of making ourselves look like t w a t s in Australia.

Silverwood and the selectors need to p I s s off and a new regime installed and a new captain.

Only young Hameed showing any grit and determination at 38-4.

Pathetic, spineless, inept, w a n k e r s !

Given we were 60-5 ... it’s amazing we got to 147. Absolute disgrace ..... we always seem to get rolled over at the Gabba ... but this is plumbing new depths ...

I watched until Root got out for 0 ... then switched off ....

Can’t believe no Broad in the team, Anderson I understand he apparently needs a bit of time and will be back for the second test, but Broad has skittled these lot out numerous times and it’s a seamers wicket, totally inept!

Forever the optimist, let's wait and see what happens when they bat. We'll either be confirming our worst fears or eating humble pie. Methinks the former is probably favourite.

No matter what happens in the rest of this Test, to win the toss and choose to bat made absolutely no sense at all. Anybody with the slightest knowledge of the game would look at the conditions and have a bowl. One of the greenest test wickets that I've seen in a long time with muggy overhead conditions. It was ideal for a seam attack and what do we do? We choose to bat. To compound matters, we leave out two of the best seamers this country has produced. Anderson could have an injury problem but Broad? The mind boggles!

The Malan dismissal really wound me up.

Every cricket fan knows you can trust the bounce at The GABBA so you either cut that ball for 4 or 6 or you leave it alone, the one thing you don’t do is prod at it!

Burns is useless and Malan is never a Test number 3.

The Aussies have their own batting problems v England. Warner averaged 9 in the last Ashes, Harris and Head were both dropped. That's 3 of their first 5. Let's make sure we include the bowler who caused them most trouble. Broadly speaking who would that be!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Can’t believe no Broad in the team, Anderson I understand he apparently needs a bit of time and will be back for the second test, but Broad has skittled these lot out numerous times and it’s a seamers wicket, totally inept!
    Indeed. I suspect that Broad himself can’t believe it ! Very strange. I like Leach but sure how much he will be needed this Test.
    (I hope I’m wrong and he takes 5 wickets each innings !)

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Indeed. I suspect that Broad himself can’t believe it ! Very strange. I like Leach but sure how much he will be needed this Test.
    (I hope I’m wrong and he takes 5 wickets each innings !)
    I think the the only way Leach gets to take 5 in the 1st innings is if they get 350. And if that happens England won't bowl again.

Well we’ve seen the Aussies bat ..... end of Day 2 almost 200 ahead with three wickets down. The match is clearly gone now ... even allowing for some heroics. Poor batting by top order. Poor team selection omitting Broad for Leach. Poor decision on winning the toss. At least two of those were avoidable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)