+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tonight’s games

....i'd bring him back, Wood, dodgy at 2 games on the trot and Goose could be an unknown quantity. Just sit him on the bench in case.

If Wigan need him let them bid for him. If Sunderland do the same with Grigg then send him back and get someone else. A few might fancy it if we're still top.

Is anyone watching/watched Quest channel (still on till 11.30).
    After showing all League One games highlights from tonight and yesterday they (don't know their names), were discussing who they thought would be going up at the end of the season and both guests agreed that Rotherham will win the league with one of them going on to say that we would win by ten clear points. He said that we're playing like a mid table Championship side and thought we'd walk the league. Nice!

Miller Nez. I agree with you. I am convinced we will win the league by some distance. Get Warne & Barker on a 5 year deal.

Regarding Tilt. He is from Lancashire and he is playing in Lancashire so sell him to them in January. So it’s Wigan. What’s the point of having a player who doesn’t want to be here? By the same token Sunderland will feel the same, Will Griggs family are from the Midlands and it is a lot further to Sunderland from there than to here.

If you think about it if either us or Sunderland don’t go up do you seriously think it will be because of Tilt or Grigg? Both don’t want to play for their parent clubs because they are totally unsettled, nothing to do with football really.
    They are professional footballers who want to play football, but for many, home and family comes before football and as with any job you will not get the most out of someone who is unhappy. They are human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Miller Nez. I agree with you. I am convinced we will win the league by some distance. Get Warne & Barker on a 5 year deal.

Regarding Tilt. He is from Lancashire and he is playing in Lancashire so sell him to them in January. So it’s Wigan. What’s the point of having a player who doesn’t want to be here? By the same token Sunderland will feel the same, Will Griggs family are from the Midlands and it is a lot further to Sunderland from there than to here.

If you think about it if either us or Sunderland don’t go up do you seriously think it will be because of Tilt or Grigg? Both don’t want to play for their parent clubs because they are totally unsettled, nothing to do with football really.
    They are professional footballers who want to play football, but for many, home and family comes before football and as with any job you will not get the most out of someone who is unhappy. They are human beings.
    Yeah, I think Grigg lives near Coventry, so the amount of travelling he does must be boring. He's probably earned enoungh from his £4M move to Blunderland, must be on about 20/30 grand a week. Can't imagine what we are paying him but, he's good, but not worth signing him. Don't think he'd get a look in in the Championship. He's a yard slower than Freddie but quicker in the brain......lol.

Glad the focus has switched to Grigg. Sorry but I don’t want us to sign him. He was very good two seasons ago and now he’s just playing on past reputation.

He’s not lit us up while he’s been here so cannot dislodge Freddie and now Kayode is clearly banging on the door for a start.

Let him go back to Sunderland and get someone else in come January.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Glad the focus has switched to Grigg. Sorry but I don’t want us to sign him. He was very good two seasons ago and now he’s just playing on past reputation.

He’s not lit us up while he’s been here so cannot dislodge Freddie and now Kayode is clearly banging on the door for a start.

Let him go back to Sunderland and get someone else in come January.
    I don't think we'll sign him but can't see the harm in keeping him till the end of the season if we're getting a good deal. We've only lost once since he joined us so something must be going right and getting someone else in could just end up upsetting the dynamics of the team/squad. Obviously that plan is out of the window if we end up selling Smith and/or Ladapo.

Wigan are the masters of getting very late winners,just like they did it against us.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Yeah, I think Grigg lives near Coventry, so the amount of travelling he does must be boring. He's probably earned enoungh from his £4M move to Blunderland, must be on about 20/30 grand a week. Can't imagine what we are paying him but, he's good, but not worth signing him. Don't think he'd get a look in in the Championship. He's a yard slower than Freddie but quicker in the brain......lol.
    Regarding Grigg, Avondale, I have it on good authority (very good authority) that he's on £10k p.w, of which we pay £3k.

Personally I think he's an excellent footballer. I still think his movement, touch and vision are light years ahead of Ladapo and because of this our Golden Triangle benefit from him being on the field more than when Freddie's playing. I don't dislike Ladapo bit it just seems to me that our midfield struggle to read his game. Probably because I don't think he knows his game!

Still top of table with Wigan and Wycombe up our arses

All at home on Saturday so we need to be at our best and get three points

Followed closely by Sunderland Plymouth Oxford and MK Dons

Fixtures

Accrington Stanley v Bolton Wanderers
    Charlton Athletic v Cambridge United
    Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City
    Crewe Alexandra v Sheffield Wednesday
    Doncaster Rovers v Shrewsbury Town
    Fleetwood Town v Gillingham
    Milton Keynes Dons v Oxford United
    Portsmouth v Morecambe
    Rotherham United v Burton Albion
    Sunderland v Plymouth Argyle
    Wigan Athletic v Ipswich Town
    Wycombe Wanderers v Wimbledon
    Last edited by millertop; 09-12-2021 at 08:12 AM.

With regard to bringing Tilt we could only do that by balancing the books elsewhere

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast