+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris gone

Watch out for the Pritzter .... first Asian woman PM .... maybe not ... smart money on Sunak ...

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Everyone knows my opinion on the Johnson and the Tories….but the cynic in me questions, what is really going on behind the scenes?

The Mirror broke this story with a ‘source’ that they considered so reliable that they said they would stand by their story legally if required. Then itv very handily got hold of this video recording, from another source.

It seems to me someone is stabbing Johnson in the back. Perhaps someone with their eyes on the top job? Sunak, or Gove?

Maybe someone with an axe to grind? Raab, Cummings?

Either way, this information being released a full one year after it happened seems manufactured to me. Someone wants him gone.

And of course, I’ve got absolutely zero sympathy for Boris. He’s cold, calculating and conniving. And deserves everything he gets.

Let’s get the next Tory clown in.
    Hi, do you think a lot of people are in on the timing of these news breaks, with regards the financial markets there's a lot of money to made.
    If you look back to the Brexit vote count, which I stopped up to watch, during the night Nigel Farage suddenly said we have lost this. I checked the market and the pound shot of the scale.
    Tusk is always doing the same with *******

I had originally viewed Boris as a rather entertaining man who played up to his buffoon image whilst Mayor of London. Frankly, he was rather lucky to find himself Prime Minister which probably had as much to do with the failings of the Labour Party as anything else. Having to deal with the covid thing was difficult as he was always in a kind of damned if he did/damned if he didn't situation but since then he has consistently gone down in what little estimation I held for him. I really do think that Boris and many of his crony Tories simply do not care about the well being of vast majority of the population. They are out of touch with the concerns of most "ordinary" people and seem only concerned with protecting their own interests and benefiting the richer elements of society. All the talk of "levelling up"or a "well paid, skilled, workforce" are just meaningless soundbites and the long-standing issues around education / housing/ the NHS and a liveable minimum wage continue regardless of Brexit. He and his entitled party needs to go -but the main problem we have is not having a viable opposition😐

Not having a viable opposition has been the problem in British politics for many years going back through the Miliband, Corbyn and now Starmer years. The Tories have got away with murder with no credible opposition to hold them to account. Even now with Boris bouncing from one fiasco to another .... can’t see myself voting Labour at the next election with the motley crew they have in place to run the country ... but then who to vote for?

Can’t argue the two posts above, I honestly feel that Labour need a top to bottom rebuild, all the infighting and poor choices of leader simply alienates the average middle ground voter like me, perhaps someone like Burnham from Manchester could do a job, he seems to talk sense most of the time.

The last person who entered parliament with honorable intentions was Guido Fawkes

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Not having a viable opposition has been the problem in British politics for many years going back through the Miliband, Corbyn and now Starmer years. The Tories have got away with murder with no credible opposition to hold them to account. Even now with Boris bouncing from one fiasco to another .... can’t see myself voting Labour at the next election with the motley crew they have in place to run the country ... but then who to vote for?
    You've 'hit the nail right on the head'. There are so many people in this country, including myself, who are middle of the road but don't have a viable party to vote for. Like you, I feel that Johnson and the Tories have 'got away with murder' but again, like you, can't bring myself to vote Labour with an inept leader, that despicable Angela Rayner as deputy leader and the intolerable influence of the Marxist left. Your final statement sums it up '...... but then who to vote for'. Politics in this country is at its lowest ebb!

Johnson got elected simply because he promised and delivered to 'Get Brexit done' the very antithesis to the ditherings of May. Boris for all the good you have done go (quietly and quickly.)

I think that the consensus of opinion on this forum is what the majority of this country is thinking. Whilst the Tories continually shoot themselves in the foot, people are of the opinion that there is not a credible alternative. That is a real shame because we need a party to be able to hold this government to account.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I think that the consensus of opinion on this forum is what the majority of this country is thinking. Whilst the Tories continually shoot themselves in the foot, people are of the opinion that there is not a credible alternative. That is a real shame because we need a party to be able to hold this government to account.
    I hope that Labour Party manages to make some headway in sorting itself out in time for next election. Starmer may lack the charisma that we might want to see in a leader (although this often masks less favourable traits ! ) but he seems to mostly talk sense but Raynor needs to go as do some of the more extreme Leftists. Time for the Tories to go now because we have gone past the point of "better the devil you know" and were well into the territory of "the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing but expect different results". Maybe a change to a PR system and the resultant likelihood for a minority or coalition govt. is a better option for us now given our lack of choices?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)