+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought Mods

Just a thought Mods

With the shocking and very sad news of Mike (Altobelli)
    Passing away so suddenly,could we have something on the board to remember him with.?
    He used to nearly always run the match day thread whenever the Clarets were playing or not..Maybe a sticky entitled "Alto's Match day thread" could be put up for use whenever we are playing a game.? Just a suggestion, if anybody has anything else to suggest , please feel free to air your views .Cheers Alf.

I agree - Alf....some folk get statues, streets or structures in their name. Alto gave plenty to this forum alone - so why not have something to remember him by.

The match day thread is generally covered by Outwood's match day preview but "The Day's Other Games" was what I remember Alto most for. Perhaps you could call it Alto's Other Games and we could all chip in with comments on other matches?

After Alto's passing there's only me left and I'm f*cked.

Anyone with any positive suggestions or genuine offers to help I'm on board.

I'm still gutted beyond words Alto's gone.

Hey Alf, thats a nice idea there to name something on this board after him/Alto.
    Thats obviously what I remember him best for on here, the 'Days other games' threads.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    After Alto's passing there's only me left and I'm f*cked.

Anyone with any positive suggestions or genuine offers to help I'm on board.

I'm still gutted beyond words Alto's gone.
    If you don't get any response from any of the stalwarts I used to be a mod on a biker forum so I have dabbled but not as Admin. Consider me a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    If you don't get any response from any of the stalwarts I used to be a mod on a biker forum so I have dabbled but not as Admin. Consider me a last resort.
    Altobelli was 99% against any sort of moderation. Remember the fuss when I changed the "Numbongo to Mumbongo" thread title?

Alf has always said this forum can self moderate because 99% of the members always respect each other.

It's the remaining 1% who bother me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Altobelli was 99% against any sort of moderation. Remember the fuss when I changed the "Numbongo to Mumbongo" thread title?

Alf has always said this forum can self moderate because 99% of the members always respect each other.

It's the remaining 1% who bother me!
    Talking of NMumbongo BT,he's at Accy Stanley and apparently out injured for the rest of the season..Feel sorry for him as he was playing in the right level of football.

No good me helping you as mod either as I know nothing about politics. Maybe your bumchum will join you.lol

Just a thought. I joined this message board 10 years ago when I was looking for a good Claret home. Never looked back but in that time I have only met BT and sinkov. Perhaps we could have a meet up somewhere- a day out for Alto if you like - at a match or in a pub. Just a thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)