+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpie circle today

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Mace had Les Bradd and Matt Slater who very good and well worth a listern.

https://twitter.com/MagpieCirclePod
    I'm not falling for that again no matter how good the guests are it's not really about them is it. Hopefully they get more air time than the few episodes I've watched

His past comments were lazy and OTT generalisations without a doubt but there are plenty of moronic comments made on NCM. Nobody should deny that. If he's mentioned the negativity on NCM then he is also bang on although cauldron of negativity is probably a better way of putting it than cesspit.

He doesn't like arguing, he appears to only like debate if it's in general agreement with the host views. The guests I've seen on there fit this criteria as do comments read out. He displays a bias but so does everyone to some extent.

Above any criticism, choice words he may have said warranted or not the worst part of the podcast is his turgid delivery which makes watching what should be a good interesting podcast about a shared passion painful viewing.

I'll pass unless he and Leigh Curtis want to follow up on their past comments regarding IB and RR in any details.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

Above any criticism, choice words he may have said warranted or not the worst part of the podcast is his turgid delivery which makes watching what should be a good interesting podcast about a shared passion painful viewing.
    Click on the you-tube cogwheel, set speed to 1.25x, and his delivery is vastly improved. The only trouble is that his guests start talking very fast.

I like Mace and this episode was quite a good one (mixing up the guests more, shortening the running time might improve it a bit)

He should rewind the attack on NCM though, looks like he's lost a fair few viewers with his 'cesspit of morons' line...although God knows how you go back on that
    When did NCM start, 2002, 2003?...so nearly 20 years of generating interest in all things Notts County. 20 years almost! Where was Magpie Circle and the like during all of that time? With so many NCM contributors of course there's going to be some moronic posters and moronic posts...but in general there's a lot of great stuff on here. Vlogs and podcasts won't come along and replace NCM

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I like Mace and this episode was quite a good one (mixing up the guests more, shortening the running time might improve it a bit)

He should rewind the attack on NCM though, looks like he's lost a fair few viewers with his 'cesspit of morons' line...although God knows how you go back on that
    When did NCM start, 2002, 2003?...so nearly 20 years of generating interest in all things Notts County. 20 years almost! Where was Magpie Circle and the like during all of that time? With so many NCM contributors of course there's going to be some moronic posters and moronic posts...but in general there's a lot of great stuff on here. Vlogs and podcasts won't come along and replace NCM

I quite like the Cesspit of Morons monicker, not sure why people get upset about it. 'Views from the Kop' should be renamed, it's far more apt considering a lot of the views are from the old folks home in the Pavis.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I quite like the Cesspit of Morons monicker, not sure why people get upset about it. 'Views from the Kop' should be renamed, it's far more apt considering a lot of the views are from the old folks home in the Pavis.
    Seconded

And it was rivals for a fair few years before that. Mace was in nappies when that was in its prime

I vote for a rename!

I would definitely nix Soccerman's suggestion of 'Views from the Commode.'

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    I would definitely nix Soccerman's suggestion of 'Views from the Commode.'
    Heard IB does a lot of bowel control work on the training pitch and in the community, so shouldn't be a problem.

Heard IB does a lot of bowel control work on the training pitch and in the community, so shouldn't be a problem.
    Privy to inside information,I see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast