+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Covid tests for sporting events

People will still be able to attend if they have proof of a negative test instead of being double jabbed.

I would imagine that any player who is not double jabbed would have to produce a negative test before each and every training and match day.

Considering what happened to us last year I'd like to think that every RUFC staff member, not just the players, is double jabbed though

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Typical by the Tories to break with new news on Covid….. causes a great deflection from the current topic on their last Xmas party antics.

You didn’t have to predict this, it’s called burying bad news! All political parties are good at this.

Cue the Tory lovers…….
    Sorry mate I'm not buying your conspiracy theory. If anything taking further measures to try and control the virus actually highlights the fact that these people have totally disregarded similar measures a year ago. It absolutely does not bury it. In fact the question being asked is "why should we follow the new rules when the government seems to be exempt"
    "burying bad news" involves releasing a totally unconnected story. This couldn't be further from that

They can barely get us in the ground on our tickets already without checking Covid passports as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    They can barely get us in the ground on our tickets already without checking Covid passports as well.
    Yep but let’s hope we don’t need to

Problem with the passport is it's only valid for 1 month. I've got mine on my phone though not sure if I have to apply for a renewed or if it auto renews

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Looks like they need to improve testing in the Premiership with two teams having over 10 people out and the possibility of match postponements.
    Spurs game at Brighton off this weekend due to Covid. Get your transfers done/subs in if you have any Spurs/Brighton players in the EFL Fantasy league.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Spurs game at Brighton off this weekend due to Covid. Get your transfers done/subs in if you have any Spurs/Brighton players in the EFL Fantasy league.
    Ironically those two clubs already operate a covid passport system

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Problem with the passport is it's only valid for 1 month. I've got mine on my phone though not sure if I have to apply for a renewed or if it auto renews
    If its on the NHS app you just press the button again to get a “passport” and it prints another code for you

Lateral flow tests aren't perfect but they're a better indicator of whether someone has Covid or not than vaccine passes, in fact they're not an indicator at all.

What happened to the "10 minute" test that was meant to be coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    They were selling masks in the red and white shop at a bargain reduced price of £2.50 but these have now sold out.
    Probably more due to us being top of the league than the new plan B rules
    I think you were sat behind us at the Gills game, FB. kept trying to get your attention, but weren’t sure if it was you or not.
    You have a white beanie hat on?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast