+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bamford

Bamford

Anyone know how long he is out and what injury he has, can only be a backside muscle when he lumped down on the turf....cooper I can live without, struik is far better, Phillips hasn't been at his best lately, seems he's starting to believe the hype about himself, Bamford missing for the games we're gonna get thumped anyway, better to have him for teams he can actually score against, you never know Roberts, rodrigo, Harrison and James might actually do what they're meant to do, score goals.

Must’ve happened in training.
    Nothing much wrong him when he was swinging his shirt in the air after scoring.

Or he fell of a chair putting up the Christmas decorations.

A 'rusty' Bamford received steroid injections last week enabling him to train we're told by said player himself before that late Brentford outing.

Until relatively recently doctors & physio's were happy to use continued daily steroid cortisone injections to hide the effects of an injury on a footballer. Now they are warned not to inject anyone more than 3 times a week, as repeated use can lead to longer term weakness of surrounding joints, cartilage & collagen - hence the now diagnosed long-term problems experienced by the retired former players queue wanting medical insurance payouts for ongoing issues caused by said injections.

They're most commonly used in post-traumatic tendon disorders of the upper-leg limb, but are now frowned upon in the knee, pelvic and other weight-bearing joints. Bamford had ankle tendon damage we're told & not the first time he's had that injury. Not an easy injury to come back straight in both physically & mentally on pitches this time of year particularly in football & rugby I'm reliably informed.

So for me, I'd have been happier to see him coming off the bench this month 'after' Brentford as a precaution for possible classic injection 'masking' of one injury issue later creating another injury particularly on 'rusty limbs in cold conditions & wet pitch & his penchant for giving his all.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    A 'rusty' Bamford received steroid injections last week enabling him to train we're told by said player himself before that late Brentford outing.

Until relatively recently doctors & physio's were happy to use continued daily steroid cortisone injections to hide the effects of an injury on a footballer. Now they are warned not to inject anyone more than 3 times a week, as repeated use can lead to longer term weakness of surrounding joints, cartilage & collagen - hence the now diagnosed long-term problems experienced by the retired former players queue wanting medical insurance payouts for ongoing issues caused by said injections.

They're most commonly used in post-traumatic tendon disorders of the upper-leg limb, but are now frowned upon in the knee, pelvic and other weight-bearing joints. Bamford had ankle tendon damage we're told & not the first time he's had that injury. Not an easy injury to come back straight in both physically & mentally on pitches this time of year particularly in football & rugby I'm reliably informed.

So for me, I'd have been happier to see him coming off the bench this month 'after' Brentford as a precaution for possible classic injection 'masking' of one injury issue later creating another injury particularly on 'rusty limbs in cold conditions & wet pitch & his penchant for giving his all.
    He supposedly did something in the celebrations - hopefully nothing too dramatic

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    He supposedly did something in the celebrations - hopefully nothing too dramatic
    Club stating "Patrick Bamford suffered a hamstring injury during last Sunday's Premier League game against Brentford at Elland Road.The evolution of the injury is subject to daily assessment."

Not quite sure which injury is worse recovery time wise now for him.

That goal celebration ?

Hamstring injury - lot of muscle mass connected to hamstrings.

Obviously early days till swelling subsides and the severity of the tear is known, players are advised to rest until the muscles have recovered and that can take anywhere between three weeks to three months.
    https://playerscout.co.uk/football-t...string-injury/

So we ain't just up the creek without a paddle...the bloody boat has holes in it as well!

I need a drink

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    So we ain't just up the creek without a paddle...the bloody boat has holes in it as well!

I need a drink
    The season is finished for Phillips and Bamford but Leeds lives on I hope. Just like I predicted at the start of the season but the runners of the club didn't envision what could happen.
    Sorry RTev have another drink hic lol

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    That goal celebration ?

Hamstring injury - lot of muscle mass connected to hamstrings.

Obviously early days till swelling subsides and the severity of the tear is known, players are advised to rest until the muscles have recovered and that can take anywhere between three weeks to three months.
    https://playerscout.co.uk/football-t...string-injury/
    If you watch the highlights on you tube - somewhere between him doing the knee side and the players piling on top he seems to get injured as when he emerges he looks like he is limping

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Must’ve happened in training.
    Nothing much wrong him when he was swinging his shirt in the air after scoring.

Or he fell of a chair putting up the Christmas decorations.
    It was pretty obvious he did something when celebrating remember watching it after he got up and holding back of his leg. Was worried when I saw that but hoped it was nothing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)