+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hewitson and Patterson out!!

Not denying you WERE a good supporter years ago but now you contribute absolutely nothing to the club funds but have the cheek to slag the BOD’s off.

You guys are unbelievable, - squabbling over utter nonsense, while Francis, - Mr. Provocatuer, - who astonishingly announces that he is proud that he head butted a policeman in Glasgow, has not attended a match this season! - when the Scottish Government, (as expected) announced that spectators will not be able to attend games from Boxing Day. That should have been the topic of the day, with sympathy extended to the Board of Directors who have had to keep the club going through a 21 month pandemic and counting, - not moaning about futile topics.

Believe me, 3 weeks will extend to at least 3 months, and the 500 attendees will drop to zero. Eventually, there will be no furlough money for sport or hospitality, never mind the NHS, so we all need to take a reality check.

Hard Times may fall upon us all, and if the BOD were to walk away, - would you rely on Francis and the rest of the detractors?

I for one certainly wouldn't.

Francis, I'm not convinced you can call anyone a numpty after the comment

"Cause I stuck the head into a policeman"

I'm not, by any means, squabbling over anything, merely airing an opinion on a club, supporters, a town and a board who will all be here long after this virus is under some form of control. I won't comment directly on any Draconian measures set by governments, who are arguably responsible for their failure to deal with certain aspects of this properly, leading ultimately to the situation we again find ourselves in. Ordinary people paying the price.

What I will say is this, people will always have opinions on things like football, even during times like these. To some, football and that one escape for a week for 90 minutes is all they've got as is the associated chat re same. It may be what gets them by rather than the constant doom being beamed into their living rooms and lives on a daily basis. There's always something more important in life however other aspects of life need to go on. And I'm speaking as someone here who is not untouched by this pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    whos talking about this season and yes i have attended a few games this season fact iv attended more games than youv had hot dinners over the years johnny and thats a fact so come back in about 15 years after youv got to around near to my attendance figures before spouting your crap .that wouyld prob have to be 15 years of you attending every match home and away just to come close ,how many fans at queens have went over 15 seasons without missing a match home or away ,not many i can assure you from 1983 to 1999 i only mist one match as thats cause i stuck the head into a policeman at partick in that space of time .since between 2000 and 2018 lucky if i mist 5 games a season ho,e or away ,its the last few seasons where iv been pist off with our lack of ambition that iv only attended the chosen few games ,so as i say come back when tyou can spout a better attendance than that ya numpty lol .
    You’ve came on this message board and bragged about assaulting a Policeman. Have a word with yourself son.
    What an embarrassment you are.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    You guys are unbelievable, - squabbling over utter nonsense, while Francis, - Mr. Provocatuer, - who astonishingly announces that he is proud that he head butted a policeman in Glasgow, has not attended a match this season! - when the Scottish Government, (as expected) announced that spectators will not be able to attend games from Boxing Day. That should have been the topic of the day, with sympathy extended to the Board of Directors who have had to keep the club going through a 21 month pandemic and counting, - not moaning about futile topics.

Believe me, 3 weeks will extend to at least 3 months, and the 500 attendees will drop to zero. Eventually, there will be no furlough money for sport or hospitality, never mind the NHS, so we all need to take a reality check.

Hard Times may fall upon us all, and if the BOD were to walk away, - would you rely on Francis and the rest of the detractors?

I for one certainly wouldn't.
    Have you noticed there’s been no spike in coronavirus cases since crowds returned to sporting events. Funny that eh

Threefivetwo, - I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing while watching the news and seeing that football was effectively being shut down. As you say, - it is a blessed release to have something else to think about for 90 minutes on a Saturday, and that has been stolen from us once again, - but on the balance of probability by a virulent air borne disease that we have no idea how serious it is going to be, - rather than by the incompetence of government.

Like our BOD, it is easy to point fingers at the decision makers, and often it is with the benefit of hindsight that many take their chance. There is no one in Scottish football at this juncture, - who has the first idea of how things will pan out, - but no doubt there will be many ready to shout loudly from their keyboards in the weeks and months that lie ahead.

When they do, we should knock them down with the stock response "where were you on December 22nd 2021 and the days immediately following when the real decisions needed to be made?"

Please be assured there will be smart alecs who will be certain to proclaim that they were the Messiah and that it was 'obvious' such and such was going to happen!

There is no crystal ball that we can look into and decide on how to deal with the future. However, there is one thing that I think we can consider which is the following: Covid and its variants will be around for a long time and therefore governments and society's may need to adapt their modus operandi to elude the worst effects of the virus which loves temperatures of 10 centigrade and less, when people crave to be indoors. Therefore it would make sense from the end of October (clocks changing) till the end of February that schools and colleges for example adopt an on-line learning. Other aspects of life may have to adapt too, and perhaps football needs to look at a change in calendar?
    The Big Burns Supper has cancelled its January event and moved it to the summer, - it may be that indoor winter gatherings are just not possible, - unless we have some form of fool-proof check to avoid the spread of the virus.

Many people will disagree, and that is their prerogative, - but we cannot keep on organising events in winter in the vain hope that an airborne virus will stay away, and then blame a few people in government for all our ills. It is like banging your head against a brick wall and blaming the decision makers because it hurts.

We need to be smarter than that and decide now that rather than making the Edinburgh Hogmanay bigger and better for next year, (only for it to be inevitably cancelled) - we postpone it until the spring equinox, and then have a big outdoor bash to welcome the return of the sun. (maybe the Neanderthals and Pagans weren't so daft after all?)

Only when we get 100% cast iron guarantees from scientists and virologists that winter events can go ahead without cancellation (apart from weather related problems) do we consider going back to Hogmanay.

Once the big Equinox bash is in the calendar, - we can keep it there, - as it very rarely clashes with Easter, - and it would be a bonus if we do get Hogmanay and the rest back.

So there you have it, - some radical thinking, - which if nothing else should stimulate the thought processes when the football is off!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Threefivetwo, - I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing while watching the news and seeing that football was effectively being shut down. As you say, - it is a blessed release to have something else to think about for 90 minutes on a Saturday, and that has been stolen from us once again, - but on the balance of probability by a virulent air borne disease that we have no idea how serious it is going to be, - rather than by the incompetence of government.

Like our BOD, it is easy to point fingers at the decision makers, and often it is with the benefit of hindsight that many take their chance. There is no one in Scottish football at this juncture, - who has the first idea of how things will pan out, - but no doubt there will be many ready to shout loudly from their keyboards in the weeks and months that lie ahead.

When they do, we should knock them down with the stock response "where were you on December 22nd 2021 and the days immediately following when the real decisions needed to be made?"

Please be assured there will be smart alecs who will be certain to proclaim that they were the Messiah and that it was 'obvious' such and such was going to happen!

There is no crystal ball that we can look into and decide on how to deal with the future. However, there is one thing that I think we can consider which is the following: Covid and its variants will be around for a long time and therefore governments and society's may need to adapt their modus operandi to elude the worst effects of the virus which loves temperatures of 10 centigrade and less, when people crave to be indoors. Therefore it would make sense from the end of October (clocks changing) till the end of February that schools and colleges for example adopt an on-line learning. Other aspects of life may have to adapt too, and perhaps football needs to look at a change in calendar?
    The Big Burns Supper has cancelled its January event and moved it to the summer, - it may be that indoor winter gatherings are just not possible, - unless we have some form of fool-proof check to avoid the spread of the virus.

Many people will disagree, and that is their prerogative, - but we cannot keep on organising events in winter in the vain hope that an airborne virus will stay away, and then blame a few people in government for all our ills. It is like banging your head against a brick wall and blaming the decision makers because it hurts.

We need to be smarter than that and decide now that rather than making the Edinburgh Hogmanay bigger and better for next year, (only for it to be inevitably cancelled) - we postpone it until the spring equinox, and then have a big outdoor bash to welcome the return of the sun. (maybe the Neanderthals and Pagans weren't so daft after all?)

Only when we get 100% cast iron guarantees from scientists and virologists that winter events can go ahead without cancellation (apart from weather related problems) do we consider going back to Hogmanay.

Once the big Equinox bash is in the calendar, - we can keep it there, - as it very rarely clashes with Easter, - and it would be a bonus if we do get Hogmanay and the rest back.

So there you have it, - some radical thinking, - which if nothing else should stimulate the thought processes when the football is off!
    Jardi. I completely lost you after BOD, it’s easy to point fingers.
    I will continually point the finger at the BOD as the decisions that have brought us to the place we are in, in terms of football, were made a long time before any pandemic struck.

I’m sorry but I really don’t have a clue what the rest is about 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Only Team in The Bible View Post
    I think we sometimes forget Queens status in Scottish Football. We would be way
    overachieving if we were to make it into the SPL, I do think we should probably be a comfortable Championship Side, and are we really that far from achieving that?

I also don't know who they think is waiting to take over at Palmerston? I'm afraid if I had money, I wouldn't be throwing at Queens! I don't know Hewitson, but Craig and Mark are among the most die-hard Queens fans that I know and I certainly don't think we could bring anyone in who would care more about our club.

Our previous Chairman, with the best of intentions, overstretched the club and almost bankrupt us. Nice as it was at the time, I'd rather be a Queens fan than, say, a Gretna fan.

Be careful what you wish for.
    Wouldn't say we're a comfortable championship side given we've just nicely removed ourselves off the bottom of the division and escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth last not to mention a relegation play off a season or two? prior to that. Hanging on in the division by the skin of our teeth each season more like.

Are the board keeping us afloat with their own money ? Is the club in debt to them? I genuinely don't know the answer.

Agree about living above our means under Davie Rae but we had no other income coming in. We showed by the attendance figures during this period we have potential. It's about striking the right balance.

If you just remember the times under Norman Blount, Ronnie Bradford and Davie Rae and compare to now the club spirit is like night and day.

The BOD’s have absolutely shat themselves not having an AGM in front of its shareholders now Covid restrictions have been lifted.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)