+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: F1 Debacle

F1 Debacle

So who's going to win, apart from the lawyers.

And we thought Scottish football was badly run, these muppets are just making it up as they go along.

I don't see any way they can change the result. Even if they admit they made a huge **** up they can't penalise the driver who benefited. Decision made has to be final.

Be kind of like ref admitting he should have disallowed the goal yesterday for handball so need to share the points.. (Sorry, didn't mean to give them any ideas.)

Edit. So even f o o k gets censored?

I don't really know the rule or rules that came in to play with the safety car at the end but it seemed to be pretty unfair.

They said they wanted to see at least the final lap being raced but it was never going to be a race with max on good tyres.

The first call on max forcing Hamilton off was a bad one too. They said he'd given the advantage back so how come Lewis was so far ahead when they'd originally been side to side?

Oh, the decision was clearly wrong. The choices they really had to choose from were to let all the lapped cars through which would have probably ended the race behind the safety car, or none, which was what they indicated was going to be the option chosen. Meaning Max gets a lap to race past those cars and chase Hamilton. Unlikely, but they can't say he wouldn't have still won which is why I don't think they can reverse the positions.

I almost finished that sentence by saying, "without losing credibility". ��
    Last edited by Toe_Poke; 12-12-2021 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Predictive text nonsense

Whoever ends up losing will obviously appeal, so it could be a few weeks until we know who won.

Quote Originally Posted by Toe_Poke View Post
    Oh, the decision was clearly wrong. The choices they really had to choose from were to let all the lapped cars through which would have probably ended the race behind the safety car, or none, which was what they indicated was going to be the option chosen. Meaning Max gets a lap to race past those cars and chase Hamilton. Unlikely, but they can't say he wouldn't have still won which is why I don't think they can reverse the positions.

I almost finished that sentence by saying, "without losing credibility". ��
    I've not seen this letting lapped cars through before.

If there's a yellow flag and the SC is out then everyone bunches up but no overtaking. So why do they need to let the lapped cars through?

they always let the lapped cars through but usually all of them.

Anyway the result stands, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I've not seen this letting lapped cars through before.

If there's a yellow flag and the SC is out then everyone bunches up but no overtaking. So why do they need to let the lapped cars through?
    That's pretty common. Gets all the cars back in order behind the safety and out of the way of the front runners for the restart.