+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Wootton commits

The thing is, he didn't actually do even that though... (from 2:40 to 3:50 approx.)

I was commenting on what was reported in the Red Rag rather than what was actually said in his PM, Swaley.

''Kyle Wootton banged in two goals as Notts County beat Southend United 4-1 at the weekend - and then committed himself to the club’s bid for promotion back to the Football League''.

Now, whether or not they reported it incorrectly? Well, lazy reporting is normally par for the course for them.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Now, whether or not they reported it incorrectly? Well, lazy reporting is normally par for the course for them.
    Yeah we all watch the post-match interviews - all NEP does is chop them up and serve over a few days to fill column space - trouble is they can get misconstrued as sommat new, as seems to have happened with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    And that’s why I think he’s going, the fact that a few weeks ago IB said contract negotiations hadn’t started yet to me just reinforces that he’s off… however, a deal may have been sorted already for him to stay and the club are going to announce it in the next week or so. One things for sure, with all the uncertainty and if it continues into January then I think it will make everyone unsettled, and that’s without the Rodrigues situation too.
    Agree he’s definitely going and I believe Notts just need to tell him it’s in the summer and just lose out on any fee we got in Jan. I’d do the exact same with Ruben and at least they could get a decent fee for him. Absolutely no club is going to sell us a ready made replacement in Jan for either of them.

I reckon we stand a chance of keeping both as lynchpins of the team if we can get up this season. Presumably a contract offer for KW showing what's on offer in the division above as well as in this one is the way they'll do it. An extension for RR in the same vein would make sense. A healthy squad-wide promotion bonus is probably on the table too, given the importance of this particular promotion compared to other steps between divisions.

Title of this thread did get me excited for a second. I’ve not even read the article and going by the comments there’s no need as personally I heard his post match interview and it sounded very much to me like he’s on his way out. Promotion is likely to be our only hope of keeping Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    Title of this thread did get me excited for a second. I’ve not even read the article and going by the comments there’s no need as personally I heard his post match interview and it sounded very much to me like he’s on his way out. Promotion is likely to be our only hope of keeping Kyle.
    That was my opinion too. My complete guess would be promotion he stays, no promotion he goes. No complaints

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I reckon we stand a chance of keeping both as lynchpins of the team if we can get up this season. Presumably a contract offer for KW showing what's on offer in the division above as well as in this one is the way they'll do it. An extension for RR in the same vein would make sense. A healthy squad-wide promotion bonus is probably on the table too, given the importance of this particular promotion compared to other steps between divisions.
    Neither of them will be here next season, as we are just not good enough to get promoted this season..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Neither of them will be here next season, as we are just not good enough to get promoted this season..
    Ahhh the eternal pessimist.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Ahhh the eternal pessimist.
    'The first million years were the worst'

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    'The first million years were the worst'

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast