+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Wootton commits

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Isle Macleod is a good recent case to look at, it’s going to be an interesting few weeks!
    The others issue is we need a striker that can do a bit of everything. I do believe Mitchell could turn out to be a really good signing but he’s a way off Wooton at the mo.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    The others issue is we need a striker that can do a bit of everything. I do believe Mitchell could turn out to be a really good signing but he’s a way off Wooton at the mo.
    I honestly think he will stay until the end of the season, for me if he does go in January it will be a massive blow and very difficult to get a similar replacement in to hit the ground running, but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that!

Nice compilation: Wooters, 50 not out!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Nice compilation: Wooters, 50 not out!

Thinking about it, could the ''not out'' be a sneaky clue?

Or is it me............

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Thinking about it, could the ''not out'' be a sneaky clue?

Or is it me............
    I think it is a case of wishful thinking, but I hope you're right!

Judging by that compilation, he never misses. Here’s to his next 50 for Notts ... pretty please.

I don’t think Wootton or Notts will have any idea if he’ll go in Jan/end of season/at all.
    It depends on who comes in for him, and the offer on the table. And I think that will depend on clubs above us losing their key strikers.
    I don’t think many clubs will have the money and the prospects to both interest the club and the player in Jan.
    My gut feel is we’ll keep him all season. If he’s still a Notts player next season then I’ve a feeling we’ll be in league 2.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I don’t think Wootton or Notts will have any idea if he’ll go in Jan/end of season/at all.
    It depends on who comes in for him, and the offer on the table. And I think that will depend on clubs above us losing their key strikers.
    I don’t think many clubs will have the money and the prospects to both interest the club and the player in Jan.
    My gut feel is we’ll keep him all season. If he’s still a Notts player next season then I’ve a feeling we’ll be in league 2.
    Is there any downside to him signing a new contract in January so that he won't go for free in the summer if someone comes in for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Is there any downside to him signing a new contract in January so that he won't go for free in the summer if someone comes in for him?
    Possibly from the player's point of view. If he's out of contract I'd think he'd be able to negotiate a higher salary than if the club who are interested had to pay a sizeable fee for him.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I’m guessing whatever you could get for KW in Jan would it cover the cost of getting a like for like or hopefully better replacement in?
    I'm only guessing here as I don't know how the model works or neither do I know how Brentford did it whether they for example increased the playing budget the following season when they sold a player?

So I'm wondering if the club have their target's and any Wootton replacement would be someone like the Wotton of three seasons ago when he first came to the club, or someone from a higher level club who has had a premier league education growing up?

Wootton is essentially the first player off the Reedz era development production line who will no doubt move upwards (which many will want it to be with Notts) but if that does not happen we can't begrudge any player leaving to play at a higher level. Rodrigues likely to be the second. So it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast