+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brighton Match Day Thread

Thank God Neves has a brain and sublime ability!

I hope we don't do now what we did against Leeds, try and just defend a slender lead!

It didn't start well losing Ait-Nouri in the warm up either. Marcel doing well so far. We need these three points, keep it going lads.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    It didn't start well losing Ait-Nouri in the warm up either. Marcel doing well so far. We need these three points, keep it going lads.
    Our squads starting to look thin isn’t it… as you say three points tonight a must.

HT Brighton 0 - Wolves 1. Having missed the first 30 minutes of this game I looked on with growing alarm. In attack (I use the term loosely) we looked like the proverbial ship without a sail. Totally devoid of ideas, it is little wonder we remained goalless for such a long time. Then enter, Neves, with a brilliant looped ball over the Brighton defence into the path of Saiss who scored our first goal for seven hours. Now, if only we can go on and get another because I don't think one will be enough. G.Y.W.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    HT Brighton 0 - Wolves 1. Having missed the first 30 minutes of this game I looked on with growing alarm. In attack (I use the term loosely) we looked like the proverbial ship without a sail. Totally devoid of ideas, it is little wonder we remained goalless for such a long time. Then enter, Neves, with a brilliant looped ball over the Brighton defence into the path of Saiss who scored our first goal for seven hours. Now, if only we can go on and get another because I don't think one will be enough. G.Y.W.
    We’ve had enough chances, just missing a bit of quality in front of goal.

At least we didn't sit back, and we created clear chances. Lage must continue this way. Some outstanding displays tonight. Adama and Podence led the line brilliantly. Neves and Moutinho kept the midfield ticking over, and the defence was as superb as ever. A happy Wanderer tonight.

FT and we managed to defend our lead, but in attack we were so wasteful. I'm grateful for the much needed three points this victory gave us, but most of the credit must go to our stalwart defence that held firm against a Brighton side that is struggling at the present time. In truth, we could and should have won this game 4-0, but unfortunately we are Wolves and scoring goals is not our forte. Furthermore, I don't understand why Bruno left it so late to introduce Silva and Dendoncker. Sorry to be so negative following a win, but having lost confidence in our ability to put this game to bed, I spent the last quarter of the game waiting for Brighton to equalise or worse, and I've chewed my fingers down to the bone. Come back Neto, we need you badly!

Not the best game of football and we have played much better than this. However, sometimes you have to dig in and win ugly. The manager deserves great credit for the defensive displays over recent weeks. We witnessed what happened to the media favourites Leeds last night at the Etihad, when you try and mix it with Man city. Only a dubious penalty cost us a point there.

I thought that Marcel, a late replacement for Ait-Nouri did well and Adama had one of his best games, linking well with Podence. The much maligned Trincao had an improved game and hopefully will gain from this experience.

It does not get any easier over the next few weeks but after the win tonight, eleven more points should see us safe from relegation, which some have been worried about.

Agree with most of what you said Abbo; however I cann ot agree with your statement "The much maligned Trincao had an improved game ..." I think he thinks he's a lot more skilful that he actually is. He desparely needs to learn when he can try to dribble and it's not when he's in the last 1/3rd of the goal we're defending. Frankly a) Neto can't come back soon enough and b) Trincao can go back to Spain? at the end of the season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)