+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Haw Griff...

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Nah. I’d rather not have the work but the season started with those arrangements in place so that’s the way it will proceed. I’ll rethink it before next season.
    Have given a new option on ours after some gripes.. add more games each week until caught up 👍

Nah. I’d rather not have the work but the season started with those arrangements in place so that’s the way it will proceed. I’ll rethink it before next season.
    Things are only going to get worst Griiff and it's going to be a nightmare later,do the rest of the season without the hassle,nobody will blame you under the circumstances

Did you make it to Wales btw?

Ta Chalky, it’s currently a bad dream but when it achieves true nightmare status I’ll offer alternatives much like BDB did on the Rochdale board. If the wheel comes off we may have to take the season behind the shed and shoot it. I’ll give it a few weeks though. Possibly.

Oh, aye, yes I’m in Wales until Wednesday so taking opportunities to do this while Mrsgriff dotes on the little ‘un. Found out on Christmas Day that there’s another on the way. That’ll make four (4) grandkids. I’m feeling very, very old.

Congratulations Griff 👍

On ours as you know there are only 5 to predict & now the bonus 1point match.

I did poll with as many options as I could think of & asked for any other suggestions.

Whilst there are 23 in our league, only about 12 voted & I can’t see who voted so unsure as to how many were genuine as open to all posters..

Our majority was if it’s off, it’s off & leave it. I was willing to create tabs on the excel sheet & add points in from replays, it’s not hard to do but it is a pain keeping tabs from normal midweek games for example if it is Carlisle vs Rochdale it is a replay, Rochdale vs Carlisle is not..

One of the guys who I know personally & not just a user name made a valid point.. there are still the same amount of points to be won every week so it is a level playing field.. my reply was maybe, but those at the top have a big lead & one full week can make a hell of a difference in catching up..

Saying that.. leave it, I’m way ahead of Chalky 😀

Ta Blackdogblue.

I’m happy as long as it doesn’t get worse than last season which was hard work but I got a strange enjoyment out of. It’s the ‘how do you eat an elephant’ thing; you do it in small bites and I sometimes don’t have much else to do. But if it’s 8 games going down every week then it’ll be time to change tack.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    , but those at the top have a big lead & one full week can make a hell of a difference in catching up..

Saying that.. leave it, I’m way ahead of Chalky 😀
    Black dog has a valid point but looking at the league today it's a four horse race with howoldboy out in front,would it be easier just to split the winnings up four ways with slightly more for howoldboy and call it a day before the replays backlog and who's to say that those replays won't get postponed as well?

I'm willing for my contribution to be split like this and I'm sure that black dog would do the same,how would howoldboy feel about that?

Your prediction league is always enjoyable to participate in and posters would rejoin next year I'm sure but it's just a nightmare right now and who's to say what restrictions may be brought in by the FA in 2022?

Blackdog,it's the World Cup next year (erm, probably) and I'm willing to go head to head with you on the Dale forum if you wish,there's a lot stronger chance that I will last the race and I enjoyed the banter of the Euros with you

Oh, aye, yes I’m in Wales until Wednesday so taking opportunities to do this while Mrsgriff dotes on the little ‘un. Found out on Christmas Day that there’s another on the way. That’ll make four (4) grandkids. I’m feeling very, very old.
    Congratulations on the latest news Griff,any of your grandkids Welsh or are they English?
    There must be some Scottish in you with the Scots just over your back garden fence and now Wales,is your family trying to take over the UK bit by bit?

Ta Chalky. I had my DNA checked a couple of years back and they’ve updated the results twice since. There’s a lot of Scots blood in me, much northern English, a tiny bit of Welsh and I’m 5% Norwegian. It’s them bloody Vikings. I have one grandkid in Hyde who’s starting to sound Manc, another near Bath and this one’s mum is Mrsgriff’s daughter therefore Bristolian and she’s married to a South African who is currently out surfing. Today the UK. Tomorrow THE WORLD.

Nowt wrong with being a Manc Griff 🤣 (unless he’s developing an Oasis type voice &#128545

On the World Cup, I will ask Col next time I see him. The Euro’s was a “sealed” scores format which whilst not impossible to run as could be done via PM’s, there would have to be an impartial person who I could send mine 2 (& anyone else who preferred to and send it to me after the games).. there are always ways & means..

On the bright side, the season still has just over half to go as no one has hit 23 games yet, say there are 18 weekends still to go x 24 points to grab = 432 so no one is uncatchable 😀

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)