+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Old Firm

From The Scotsman’s letters page today:

“Craig Levein's belief that Glasgow’s wretched Old Firm want to switch to the English Football League is akin to belief in the tooth fairy (your story, 14 March). Sacrifice their guaranteed annual free passes to European megabucks competitions just to play in England weekly?

Happily surrender their traditional “more equal than others” status with Scottish match officials – encapsulated by Rangers’ ludicrous topping of UEFA charts for penalties awards season after season?

Their spoiled brat fanbase – reflex screaming for mass sackings and “war chests” every silverware-free season or “only” finishing second in the league – remaining loyal once realising trips to Wembley rather than Hampden will be once-in-a-lifetime events, not annual?

The OID Firm are unsustainable business models outside of the urban bumpkin cultures of Scotland and Northern Ireland, and the idea any duopoly will forfeit market dominance and risk bankruptcy for the sake of “sporting fairness” is beyond naive.

MARK BOYLE Johnstone, Renfrewshire

I truly believe Scottish football would flourish without those two horrible entities. But according to those in the "Know" we would die without trace !! This is the kind of nonsense c*nts like Brazil like to peddle. Check out this shyte and particularly the comments which demonstrate how this football system is the one killing Scottish fitba.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport...s-alan-brazil/

Couldn’t agree with you more. I think Scottish football would be so much better without the arsecheeks.

Less money yes but a lot more competitive,surely Celtic fans in particular are getting bored of annihilating everyone all the time.

The problem is nobody else wants them,the English certainly don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Couldn’t agree with you more. I think Scottish football would be so much better without the arsecheeks.

Less money yes but a lot more competitive,surely Celtic fans in particular are getting bored of annihilating everyone all the time.

The problem is nobody else wants them,the English certainly don’t.
    The key is “meal ticket to Europe” or whatever the boy wrote.

THAT’S where the real filthy lucre is to be made, and is the route to widening the financial differential season after season. Ten Premiership clubs are both handy cannon fodder and shrugged-off ‘collateral damage’. They need us as opponents to accrue the pointage, then laugh at us for taking gubbings from them.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    I truly believe Scottish football would flourish without those two horrible entities. But according to those in the "Know" we would die without trace !! This is the kind of nonsense c*nts like Brazil like to peddle. Check out this shyte and particularly the comments which demonstrate how this football system is the one killing Scottish fitba.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport...s-alan-brazil/
    Wondered what you had against Brazil and why they were interested in Scottish fitba until I realised you were talking about the ex-"striker" not the country!

Fμck the both of them.
    Self-serving mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    Wondered what you had against Brazil and why they were interested in Scottish fitba until I realised you were talking about the ex-"striker" not the country!
    Now there is a waste of a few yards of skin.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Now there is a waste of a few yards of skin.
    😂😂

I’d rather Aberdeen just forfeited the games against them. They’re a complete waste of everyone’s time & money

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’d rather Aberdeen just forfeited the games against them. They’re a complete waste of everyone’s time & money
    That`s the spirit.

We should go further, and refuse to play any team that might beat us ?

Like Darvel, Q.O.S . , Gretna .. Oh , and Real Madrid too .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast