+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Old Firm

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    That`s the spirit.

We should go further, and refuse to play any team that might beat us ?

Like Darvel, Q.O.S . , Gretna .. Oh , and Real Madrid too .
    It’s not that they might beat us, it’s that they will beat us. There’s no sport in it whatsoever. Even if we somehow fluke a result, it’ll still mean f*ck all. Total waste of time

COYR!

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s not that they might beat us, it’s that they will beat us. There’s no sport in it whatsoever. Even if we somehow fluke a result, it’ll still mean f*ck all. Total waste of time

COYR!
    I do see why you are thinking like that. All defeatist and loser-ish. BUT...........

Last time we played the Huns at Pittodrie, we had them beat. " Easily " , for 90 mins plus.

And that is despite our previous manager deciding to get smart and screw things up after 70 minutes.

Celtic, however ,are another thing altogether. Then, look at how well they did against Bodo/Glimnt ?

Surely with a decent manager we can get closer to that standard ? It`s not like we don`t already have some decentish players.
    So, it`s just the manager............... oh aye,well.........hmmm. COYR !!

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I like to refer to Sevco and raselickbyrawaybutbigman as "The New Firm".
    A term never previously used with a soupcon of veracity prior to, well, now.
    Even better ... "The New Old Firm".

That emphasises two facets of that ****ty duopoly,
    1: their intensional ganging together to advance their own agenda,
    2: that Sevco 2012 are a new club being artificial promoted as the dearly departed Huns.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    I do see why you are thinking like that. All defeatist and loser-ish. BUT...........

Last time we played the Huns at Pittodrie, we had them beat. " Easily " , for 90 mins plus.

And that is despite our previous manager deciding to get smart and screw things up after 70 minutes.

Celtic, however ,are another thing altogether. Then, look at how well they did against Bodo/Glimnt ?

Surely with a decent manager we can get closer to that standard ? It`s not like we don`t already have some decentish players.
    So, it`s just the manager............... oh aye,well.........hmmm. COYR !!
    I admire your enthusiasm but you are trying to make on as if this is something that has just happened in the last few seasons.

The “Old firm” ruined Scottish football in the 1980s.

They couldn’t handle other teams being competitive with them back then and they still have no interest in anyone being competitive with them.

All they want is to fight each other for all 3 trophies every season,the rest of us should feel honoured for being able to play them 4 times a season and make money off them.

It’s been said many times before that everyone in Scottish football had a chance to change that in 2012 and everyone including Aberdeen decided not to.

I see the 2 cheeks are not letting in any away fans at their next two league games against each other.

In a normal country the league would have a rule that they have to give each other some tickets, but not here.

I’ve not watched this, and I probably won’t, but I thought that the description fitted this thread very accurately.

“How the discovery of a child's skeleton showed that modern humans bred with Neanderthals.”

https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p0f8k...ton_history%5D

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I admire your enthusiasm but you are trying to make on as if this is something that has just happened in the last few seasons.

The “Old firm” ruined Scottish football in the 1980s.

They couldn’t handle other teams being competitive with them back then and they still have no interest in anyone being competitive with them.

All they want is to fight each other for all 3 trophies every season,the rest of us should feel honoured for being able to play them 4 times a season and make money off them.

It’s been said many times before that everyone in Scottish football had a chance to change that in 2012 and everyone including Aberdeen decided not to.

All true Rico. So we just all give up ? Stop going ? Take up Golf, or ruggers ??

The only constant in life is that things will change......... mayb not in our lifetimes
    but certainly only closer to it if we at least keep going ?

Lets start with what we can control , or influence. Our own team having a better attitude.

It should have been done long before , but Wiggy was no mover & Shaker. I`m not holding my breath, but Cormack ?may be just that bit better ? We are yet to see...........

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I’ve not watched this, and I probably won’t, but I thought that the description fitted this thread very accurately.

“How the discovery of a child's skeleton showed that modern humans bred with Neanderthals.”

https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p0f8k...ton_history%5D
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/b0...n=share-mobile

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123