+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Seven Covid deaths

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Courier still has some clout but no way can the editor resurrect Deerangeds modelling career.
    Sadly

I can still sashay quite the thing mind

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Total new cases about 5300 in Scotland. Yet Omicron was only 526. There must be a tweak being applied to the meaning of the word dominant because any normal usage of the word "dominant' would imply that there should be significantly more than 2650 new Omicron cases.
    As far as I can the scientists on the SAGE committee are guessing that Omicron is the dominant variant with them assuming will it be the higher number of positive Covid-19 cases announced each day in a fortnight’s time. However these scientists and other ‘so called health experts’ have no guarantee that their guesswork is correct.
    The scientists on SAGE and Jason the dentist should be explaining why they have waited until now insisting that people get their booster vaccination.
    In my opinion they should have adopted the well known saying ‘a stitch in time saves nine’ and they should have been ramping up giving people Covid booster jag three months after they received their second vaccination instead of waiting until the current panic started.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    This is why I'm asking what the sample size was and what the geographic area was. It's easy to find what you want in data if you tweak it to suit the answer you want - clearly what's gone on here. Why do the media never ask for the evidence that shows this? Why just accept what's said unconditionally?

Saw that Clinical (or is it cynical) Director guy on TV today admitting (through his nose of course) that Omicron might well be half as dangerous but that because it's twice as infectious it'll work out to be the same level of threat because double the people will get it - does he think we're all idiots? If you infect 100 people with a minor infection they suffer the same level of illness as 200 or even 1,000 people would; absolutely ludicrous statement yet the numskull interviewing him didn't challenge it.

We need to start getting angry about this as a nation because something stinks very badly about the whole thing.
    The retired GP who gave me my booster vaccination two weeks ago today told the four people including myself waiting the statutory 15 minutes after receiving our booster injection that the pupils in schools were going to have to stop taking their daily lateral flow test as things were getting out of control.
    School children were testing positive and whole families were having to self isolate. He further added that people are just going to have to live with the Covid-19 virus until it eventually dies out.
    It is a pity that our politicians, health experts and scientists do not also have the same view.
    Meanwhile Nippy is begging for money from Westminster using the excuse that she wants money to pay Scottish businesses for losses they have suffered thanks to her panic measures which will probably be as much use as her ‘useless’ Covid vaccine passports which last Saturday did not show details on my vaccine passport of my booster vaccination.
    In my opinion Nippy wants Scotland to be the first of the devolved administrations in the U.K. to bring back the furlough scheme but her SNP controlled Scottish Government needs to be bankrolled by the Westminster Government for her to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The retired GP who gave me my booster vaccination two weeks ago today told the four people including myself waiting the statutory 15 minutes after receiving our booster injection that the pupils in schools were going to have to stop taking their daily lateral flow test as things were getting out of control.
    School children were testing positive and whole families were having to self isolate. He further added that people are just going to have to live with the Covid-19 virus until it eventually dies out.
    It is a pity that our politicians, health experts and scientists do not also have the same view.
    Meanwhile Nippy is begging for money from Westminster using the excuse that she wants money to pay Scottish businesses for losses they have suffered thanks to her panic measures which will probably be as much use as her ‘useless’ Covid vaccine passports which last Saturday did not show details on my vaccine passport of my booster vaccination.
    In my opinion Nippy wants Scotland to be the first of the devolved administrations in the U.K. to bring back the furlough scheme but her SNP controlled Scottish Government needs to be bankrolled by the Westminster Government for her to do so.

I think she is playing politics. The Westminster Government makes decision for the whole of GB. T They do not treat funding for England differently from Scotland, Wales and NIreland. I think Scots are beginning to see through her strategy and they see that she could be more supportive of businesses. In her mind, I am afraid that she thinks for every business that closes, every newly unemployed employee will be voter for independence. I think she is wrong. Her strategy just keeps hammering home that we are better if we all work together. That's her message to Scots, and the irony that it also applies to Britain completely escapes her.

I think she is playing politics. The Westminster Government makes decision for the whole of GB. T They do not treat funding for England differently from Scotland, Wales and NIreland. I think Scots are beginning to see through her strategy and they see that she could be more supportive of businesses. In her mind, I am afraid that she thinks for every business that closes, every newly unemployed employee will be voter for independence. I think she is wrong. Her strategy just keeps hammering home that we are better if we all work together. That's her message to Scots, and the irony that it also applies to Britain completely escapes her.
    In my opinion Nippy has finally been ‘found out’ this week when she admitted that she could not introduce more Covid restrictions in Scotland as she required extra funding from Westminster to fund them.
    I suspect that the £100 million she found squirrelled away in the Scottish Government coffers was as a result of previous annual underspends which was being held in reserve for the next Indyref2 referendum.
    In autumn 2020 my wife and I were out for lunch and the staff in the restaurant were complaining to us that Nicola did not understand how businesses in the hospitality trade throughout Scotland operated and she was not interested in them.
    On Islay there is a guest house owner whose mother is a prominent SNP and pro independence supporter and the guest house owner who is also pro independence has gone strangely quiet in the past year or so.
    I suspect that the guest house owner has finally realised that unlike Alex Salmond Nippy is not interested in businesses in Scotland and she has got worse since the SNP joined up with the Greens who are ‘anti business’ and anti everything else apart from renewable energy.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 18-12-2021 at 01:20 AM.

We have an Italian supplier. No furlough, so everyone is playing strictly by the rules. Masks, testing, and checking regularly if you have symptoms. Who would have believed the Italians would act in such a way?

We have an Italian supplier. No furlough, so everyone is playing strictly by the rules. Masks, testing, and checking regularly if you have symptoms. Who would have believed the Italians would act in such a way?
    And demonstrations galore.

Possibly because Italy is where the first cases of Coronavirus were discovered in Europe in early 2020.
    It is the French I do not trust.
    The French farmers previously hid cases of BSE affecting their cattle until there were caught out by secret filming whilst BSE was running rampant in herds of cattle throughout the U.K..

The longer this whole carry on carries on the more confused I get. One scientist says one thing another something else. Up until a few weeks ago I was wholly in the camp of no lock downs (probably still am), no restrictions lets get on with our lives then omicron appears to add confusion, fear and megalomamia in our politicians. I fear it is never going to end if they get their way and in a smaller way fear that maybe just maybe they are right to be concerned.

I have never been a conspiricy theorist ever but the way this pandemic is panning out is strange and leads me to believe there may be more truth in it that Covid is indeed man (Chinese) made than I would have given credence to before. It is most certainly not running the expected course that previous pandemics have! I saying all that we surely have to learn to live with it and get on with our lives or Returnofrros will indeed be proved correct that lockdowns will be with us ad infinitum. The one area where I would give ground is in the wearing of masks. I agree that wearing one gives the wearer little or no protection due to the airborne particles managing to easily get through normal everyday masks. The same particles will only be partially captured when exhaled into the mask of the wearer by the wearer. But, again, the larger droplets from sneezes and runny noses are captured in masks stopping them dropping onto others, surfaces etc. and therefore go someway towards stopping infections. Masks imo are largely useless in stopping the wearer getting infected but go a fair way to stop the wearer infecting others. Therefore again imo it is very selfish not to wear a mask unless exempt and I reckon we must be one of the unhealthiest nations on earth outwith Covid if the sheer volume of the number of folk who cannot, refuse, or just plain don't bother to wear one are taken into account.

Hopefully useless Boris and nasty Nippy will leave us all alone, let us get on with it and one day, hopefully soon, it will all be over and we can get back to normality if the politicians let go. I long for the day when the NHS goes back to protecting us rather than 'needing' protected itself or needing "saved" and where the health service workers are appreciated, yes, but no more than the polis, teachers, shopworkers, scaffies etc., etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    The longer this whole carry on carries on the more confused I get. One scientist says one thing another something else. Up until a few weeks ago I was wholly in the camp of no lock downs (probably still am), no restrictions lets get on with our lives then omicron appears to add confusion, fear and megalomamia in our politicians. I fear it is never going to end if they get their way and in a smaller way fear that maybe just maybe they are right to be concerned.

I have never been a conspiricy theorist ever but the way this pandemic is panning out is strange and leads me to believe there may be more truth in it that Covid is indeed man (Chinese) made than I would have given credence to before. It is most certainly not running the expected course that previous pandemics have! I saying all that we surely have to learn to live with it and get on with our lives or Returnofrros will indeed be proved correct that lockdowns will be with us ad infinitum. The one area where I would give ground is in the wearing of masks. I agree that wearing one gives the wearer little or no protection due to the airborne particles managing to easily get through normal everyday masks. The same particles will only be partially captured when exhaled into the mask of the wearer by the wearer. But, again, the larger droplets from sneezes and runny noses are captured in masks stopping them dropping onto others, surfaces etc. and therefore go someway towards stopping infections. Masks imo are largely useless in stopping the wearer getting infected but go a fair way to stop the wearer infecting others. Therefore again imo it is very selfish not to wear a mask unless exempt and I reckon we must be one of the unhealthiest nations on earth outwith Covid if the sheer volume of the number of folk who cannot, refuse, or just plain don't bother to wear one are taken into account.

Hopefully useless Boris and nasty Nippy will leave us all alone, let us get on with it and one day, hopefully soon, it will all be over and we can get back to normality if the politicians let go. I long for the day when the NHS goes back to protecting us rather than 'needing' protected itself or needing "saved" and where the health service workers are appreciated, yes, but no more than the polis, teachers, shopworkers, scaffies etc., etc., etc.
    There was a large anti virus demonstration last Saturday outside the gates leading to Number 10 Downing Street which was reported in yesterday’s Sunday Times newspaper but needless to say there was no mention of it on the Saturday evening BBC news bulletin because they have to tow the official government line that getting vaccinated plus your third (booster) vaccination will help to prevent people catching the Omricon mutation of the Covid-19 virus.
    I am looking forward to hear what excuse Nippy, Boris (or his replacement), the scientists and Health experts trot out when nearly everyone over the age of 12 throughout the U.K. have received their 3 Covid-19 vaccinations including their booster vaccination and still the Covid-19 virus is running out of control.
    I have never forgotten my discussion with the retired GP who was giving my wife her first Covid-19 vaccination in March 2020. Prior to my wife getting her Covid-19 vaccination I said to the retired GP that the Covid-19 vaccinations were not making a jot of difference stopping the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
    The retired GP replied “We know that but until the Government tells us to stop doing it we will continue to keep giving people their Covid-19 vaccinations.
    The number of deaths are currently running at a daily average of 113 probably because of two reasons.
    Most of the people with serious underlying health conditions died during the Chinese, Kent and Indian variants of the Covid-19 virus and secondly according to reports from South Africa where the Omricon variant was first discovered the number of deaths are a lot less than previous variants.
    Your are correct about the scientists who cannot make their mind up what to do.
    I am surprised that Professor Neil Ferguson was again sounding off and telling the U.K. public what they should be doing with the Omricon variant.
    He is not exactly ‘squeaky clean’ as I remember reading in the media that the same Professor Neil Ferguson broke the rules of the first national lockdown to visit his girlfriend.
    Another person who preaches ‘Do as I say, not as I do’!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)