+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are Premiership clubs trying to force.....

Are Premiership clubs trying to force.....

A winter break by using Covid as an excuse? How can supposedly so many players be infected when they get tested dailey, No club should be cancelling games when you consider the size of their squads! So 4 or 5 players get it, you can still put out 11 plus 8 subs, we did it the other night. I am thinking its just a winter / Christmas break. They will all regret it when they are playing 3 games a week with catch up, 'oh too many games' it ain't fair.....oh shut up. I wonder sometimes whether some players actually want to play.
    Thoughts....

Apparently EPL clubs meeting Monday to discuss the covid crisis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59698662

Villa off now.....

It was never this bad in the first (pandemic) It seems clubs are taking advantage of this new one to call endless games off, if you dont have the entire squad ill with it games should go ahead, clubs have reserve squads and youth squads they can use players from if a few first team players are out.

As I said, the clubs, players and staff want a winter break and Christmas with their families, its obvious now. They will regret this!!!

Klopp says he doesn't see the need to call games off, well he would say that wouldn't he with the playing resources he has. Totally different kettle of fish to the likes of Brentford, I guess if players are asymptomatic and test positive then infect others who then have symptoms & are then medically unfit to play it drastically depletes the options available.

Thing is, do they actually think the covid will be over in 10 days time? Don't be silly, this is all about getting that break and hey, deep down I do not blame them, who would not want to be with families. The premier league should call it and cancel all games until the new year for the sake of both fans and players but to be transparent with future decisions in just who and how many oplayers have covid.
    Am i the only one thinking now that BMH is empty??

I see Spurs have been kicked out of europe for calling their game off because of covid. I bet if this rule applied in the prem suddenly, all games would be on.
    Play or lose the 3 pts, I'm sure villa could have put a team together, we have exceptional talent in the under 23s.....

I Notice both Leeds and Newcastle games called off because as they say, "cannot field a team because of covid and Injuries, Me thinks teams are using covid to delay matters solely because of injuries which I think is unfair and dishonest! Newcastle picked injuries to both Wilson and Maxima and oddly the next game is off. Do these realise they will have a fixture pile up and probably complain stating its unfair. I'm beginning to think this season is a waste of time, may as well call it off now. Give city the title and relegate the bottom three, especially Newcastle!! They have played the most games.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)