+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prediction League - Watford

Prediction League - Watford

Wolves welcome Watford for Boxing Day this year. Watford haven't played their last two matches due to COVID postponements, so if we are able to play, they'll be well rested. We beat them 0-2 at Vicarage Road early in the season, thank to an own goal and Hwang's first Wolves goal. They have a different manager as Claudio Ranieri, of Chelsea, Leicester and Fulham teams of the past as well as any Italian club you can think of, took over near the beginning of October. Things haven't really improved as his predecessor was 2-1-4 this year, and Ranieri is 2-0-7. The main problem is defending, as they've given up the fourth most goals in the entire league. They're middle of the league in terms of goals scored. They've conceded multiple goals in over half their matches. They may be in a relegation fight for this season and any point for them will be a welcomed point. They do have three forwards that have 5+ goals in the Prem this season in Emmanuel Dennis (7), Joshua King (5), and Ismaila Sarr (5). Our recent performances against top clubs have been encouraging - at least from a defending perspective. I'd love to be scoring some more goals. That might have to wait until after the January transfer window when Bruno can bring in some players that fit his vision of football a bit more. I often feel we play up or down to our competition. Would love a late christmas present of 3 points on Boxing Day.

Wolves 2-1 Watford

Jimenez

1) nortonwolf - 18
    2) wolfiebill - 17
    3) Woking88 - 16
    4) MichiganWolf - 15
    4) abbobrom - 15
    6) GrizzledWolf - 14
    6) theplater - 14
    8) WOODLANDSWOLF - 8

Wolves 2 Watford 0

Jimenez

1-1, Podence.

And a Merry and safe Xmas to all!!!!

Wolves 3 - Watford 1 .....stop laughing, I'm serious

(Jimenez)

Just been announced that the Watford game is off. They have asked for a cancellation because of the number of Covid cases.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Just been announced that the Watford game is off. They have asked for a cancellation because of the number of Covid cases.
    I’m not surprised,I think It would make sense to suspend all games for a couple of weeks, for the sake of players and fans.

Merry Xmas all!!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)