+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frieser

Frieser

Going back to Austria

Always liked him as a player , gave 100% , can't blame him for moving back home away from this shower, he always came across a good person , good luck to the lad ,

Not a prolific goal scorer, but always put a shift in. Will always be remembered for scoring the winner at Hillsborough.
    He has been frozen out by Schopp and Asbaghi, so no surprise he is leaving.
    All the best to him

He comes across as an honest footballer who gives 100% , I have always thought that he has struggled at championship level but would be a handy player next season for us in division 1 & therefore he would be worth hanging on to but if he moves on I wish him well .

They come and Go.

IMO - he comes in front of Victor and Woodrow in the striker pecking order.
    Frieser was always an honest player that put defenders under pressure - either with the ball or without it.

So then - we are playing a 3 striker system with only 3 Championship level strikers available.
    Cole - Morris - Leya.
    What happens if we get suspensions and injuries ???

The rest - Victor, Woodrow and Obbi can all go as far as I’m concerned.

Dominik Frieser has departed Oakwell by mutual consent.

The forward arrived in South Yorkshire from Austrian Bundesliga outfit, LASK Linz, in August 2020.

Dominik played a significant role in the 20/21 Sky Bet Championship campaign, featuring in 43 games, including the Play-Off semi-final first leg against Swansea City. Playing in a wide position, be it on the left or right flank, or centrally up front, Frieser’s attitude and commitment to the cause could never be questioned.

However, playing time has been limited under new head coach Poya Asbaghi and the Club has allowed the Austrian to seek a new opportunity closer to home.

Khaled El-Ahmad added: “Dominik has been a consummate professional during his time at Oakwell. As a player, he will be remembered as someone who gave everything from the first minute to the last and I would like to thank him for his efforts.

“All at Oakwell wish Dominik and his family the best for the remainder of his career and he will always be welcome back at the Club.”

Speaking on his departure, Dominik Frieser added: “I want to thank all Barnsley supporters for their support over the last 18 months. Since arriving in England, you have made this experience one that neither me or my family will ever forget.

“I hope that you could see that I always gave 100% in every game for you and the Club and I enjoyed every minute I played in a Red shirt. I will always hold Barnsley FC close to my heart and I am sure I will see you all again in the near future.”

Best wishes to Dominik and family. Pity he played most of his best football behind closed doors like others, last season.

Probably no more overseas signings for some time now.

Vita the next to depart? he must be really frustrated and likely stressed and unhappy, feel for him.

Very underrated by many in my opinion always gave his all when selected and played a big part in last seasons playoff push.
    Good luck for the future Dom a very good professional.

Certainly not on my list with the latest a clear out push.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast