A comedy of errors, mainly from the "officials". Just 2 examples, Knight gets wiped out and the ref... did he wave play on or did he give us the "advantage" we didn't have? We get a throw in when WBA wanted a free kick (one of the few decisions the joker got right), we took a quick throw in from the right place and he calls us back to retake it..... why?

The Baggies had possession, they won 90% of the 2nd ball. They were permanently in space when they got the ball. We were surrounded every time we got it. I forecast 1-3 and on the balance of play and chances, I wasn't far off. we had 3 shots, one of which was on target, they had 19 and 5. A friend of mine alluded to them having 14 players (11 plus the 3 officials), at times it looked as if they might have had 17 (14 +3) as we looked outnumbered all over the pitch.

The goal. Comedy capers. Bird launches the ball forward, one of theirs intercepts and the ball loops upwards and onwards and lands in between a defender and their keeper who was outside his area, defender heads the ball backwards and the keeper then heads it. He wanted to head it forwards but it veered left and landed at the feet of Kazim who hit it first time into the empty net. However it happened, I'll take it.

The Great escape is still a (vague) possibility. At current PPG averages over the season thus far we now need 1.69 points per game from the last 23 games to stay up. I realise this kind of extrapolation isn't an exact science but it's an indicator of the size of the task ahead.

We should also remember that they missed a couple of players, we were missing a shedload.

This was by no means classic football from Derby but it was a memorable win.

Fozzy's ball drying pi55take was classic. Allsop had a good game as did the back 4 although I must say that Byrne still scares the 5h1t out of me in the box at dead ball situations with his Big Daddy
(or is it more like Les Kellett) style grappling. Thompson and Bird stood there ground well but I did think they were playing too far forward in the first half. The "3" all played well, Plange, Knight and Festy. That leaves Baldock and I have to ask the question, WHY? He's a Ram and I'll back him for each and every minute he's on the park wearing the shirt but I don't see any reason to play him, what does he contribute? Strange that this comment comes from me as it's usually me who points out good points of other players who get maligned.

The 3 points are very welcome and it's onwards and upwards to Stoke on Thursday. C'mon Ewe Rams!!