+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Buyer Progress

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    TTR when will you start fully reading and fully understanding posts before putting your oar in where it's not wanted?

MM wil do no such thing ner ner ner ner ner

In my post which covered far more than just the part Mel COULD play in the plan/idea I mentioned a couple of Possibles and said "none of which look likely"

I then went on to bring Mel into the idea writing "It also requires input from Mel Morris.... possibly the biggest stumbling block to the idea."

Having outlined what Mel COULD do I added "Will the "lifelong, loyal supporter" step up? I hope so but won't be holding my breath."

Despite all those caveats you still found it necessary to be negative and didn't address any of the other steps/stages of the idea. At least you gave a negative reply. My fellow Rams have failed to respond.

Why the **** do I ****ing bother?

Maybe I'd have got more response if I'd blamed the whole 5h1tshow on Boris and/or Brexit or on Covid. Indeed, why the **** do I bother? Serious questions on the very existence of DCFC get totally ignored with the exception of some half baked **** of a Red Dog whose opinion really isn't wanted.

**** it. I'm done.
    Calm down calm down (best scouser accent)

Look, however hyperthetically you want to call anything, clinging to wild dreams is daft.

You need £7 million now.
    Has anyone come up with it? NO.
    Is anyone likely to? NO
    So that leaves asset stripping asap.

Like it or not, players have to be sold. 1 player is not going to bring that in.
    As a Forest fan I actually have a vested interest in all this.
    Apparently we bid £-1.2-1.5M for Buchannan and was told to do one?
    That money isn't looking so daft now. i wouldn't be surprised to see him out 500k now.

Also, the **** show that is DCFC, applies to everyone in the EFL.
    My honest opinion is that the EFL are determined to nip this cheating once and for all. Clubs like QPR were classic piss takers, but it still went on.
    My own club came to apoint in the road Derby have been on, a couple of times.
    It provided great amusment for lots, as we sold players/loaned money/ had a **** show of re ownership.

So suck it up. Sell what you can, save the club.
    Watching the hilarity of social media, of Derby fans lashing out blaming everyone else is amusing.
    We've gone from MM is a genius and got the EFL on strings to ---- Please MP's save us and sign this petition every football supporter?

You are not getting any sympathy from most clubs, but I'm sure Notts still have some buckets left from their last whip round. Give em a ring.

FFS you repeat what I wrote. Yes we need £7M. I posted a few ways it MIGHT be raised and then you decided it might be nice to advise me that we need to raise £7M now....... Why tell me stuff I wrote in the posts to which you reply?

Agree. Disgagree. Say why... but why repeat me in answer to me. It doesn't make sense...........

FFS you repeat what I wrote. Yes we need £7M. I posted a few ways it MIGHT be raised and then you decided it might be nice to advise me that we need to raise £7M now....... Why tell me stuff I wrote in the posts to which you reply?

Agree. Disgagree. Say why... but why repeat me in answer to me. It doesn't make sense...........
    I (sigh) rebuked your scenarios, except selling players.
    You will get buyers, now. Admittedly it won't be market value. But it could save you. Anything else doesn't warrent a mention. It won't happen.
    So there I disagree. You other options are clutching at straws, so long as Boro and Wycombe tighten the noose

Take no notice, MA. He just delights in coming on here to wind people up and has been doing so consistently since the Keogh fiasco.
    Coincidentally I was talking to one of my best mates yesterday, he’s a lifelong Forest fan who delights in banter with me whenever Forest hold the upper hand, just as I do with him when roles are reversed.
    The difference is that, as he said quite genuinely yesterday, Derby may be our rivals and I love beating them but they are one of the ‘great old clubs’ and this is all just desperately sad.
    He has a touch of class, my mate. Sadly it’s not shared by some, although I haven’t seen any ‘taunting’ from other Forest fans on here or even those from Leeds who enjoy the occasional bit of full on banter.

This transcends mere rivalry Tricky...so shut up or ship out...and before you predictably protest that I’d be behaving the same way if our roles were reversed...I wouldn’t! If we’d beaten you...yes. If you’d ducked up the play offs...yes. If you’d been relegated...yes. If your very history, tradition and existence was threatened...No!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Take no notice, MA. He just delights in coming on here to wind people up and has been doing so consistently since the Keogh fiasco.
    Coincidentally I was talking to one of my best mates yesterday, he’s a lifelong Forest fan who delights in banter with me whenever Forest hold the upper hand, just as I do with him when roles are reversed.
    The difference is that, as he said quite genuinely yesterday, Derby may be our rivals and I love beating them but they are one of the ‘great old clubs’ and this is all just desperately sad.
    He has a touch of class, my mate. Sadly it’s not shared by some, although I haven’t seen any ‘taunting’ from other Forest fans on here or even those from Leeds who enjoy the occasional bit of full on banter.

This transcends mere rivalry Tricky...so shut up or ship out...and before you predictably protest that I’d be behaving the same way if our roles were reversed...I wouldn’t! If we’d beaten you...yes. If you’d ducked up the play offs...yes. If you’d been relegated...yes. If your very history, tradition and existence was threatened...No!
    Oh behave, get a tissue.

Where have I ever said I want DCFC liquidated? I don't and wouldn't want any club liquidated.
    I would laugh myself silly at you lot in league one for 10 years, who wouldn't?

Derby fans have given it large for years. As my mate Stenson did on the Forest site, with the Fawaz circus.
    Derby fans took the piss out of Doughty dying- still happens today on Twitter.
    Reverse the roles, you would be taking the piss and don't pretend yoiu wouldn't. You can hide as much as you like behind one of these.

Despite all the screaming, it looks like the fire sale is now on and expect more to go.
    Money to be raised ASAP.

John Percy
    @JPercyTelegraph
    ·
    3h
    Transfer news: #MillwallFC have now made a fourth offer for #dcfc midfielder Louie Sibley, of over £450,000. All previous bids rejected by Derby's administrators Quantuma. Interesting dilemma - do Quantuma turn down assured finance or hold out?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Oh behave, get a tissue.

Where have I ever said I want DCFC liquidated? I don't and wouldn't want any club liquidated.
    I would laugh myself silly at you lot in league one for 10 years, who wouldn't?

Derby fans have given it large for years. As my mate Stenson did on the Forest site, with the Fawaz circus.
    Derby fans took the piss out of Doughty dying- still happens today on Twitter.
    Reverse the roles, you would be taking the piss and don't pretend yoiu wouldn't. You can hide as much as you like behind one of these.

Despite all the screaming, it looks like the fire sale is now on and expect more to go.
    Money to be raised ASAP.

John Percy
    @JPercyTelegraph
    ·
    3h
    Transfer news: #MillwallFC have now made a fourth offer for #dcfc midfielder Louie Sibley, of over £450,000. All previous bids rejected by Derby's administrators Quantuma. Interesting dilemma - do Quantuma turn down assured finance or hold out?
    As MA has already pointed out...you just don’t, or can’t, listen.

Look at what I wrote, and you’re hardly talking ‘breaking news’...do you seriously think we, as DFCC fans on a DCFC site, don’t know all about Rowett’s interest in Sibley?

‘Derby fans’ didn’t ‘take the p*ss out of Doughty dying’ either...a very few morons did. Some time ago the toilets in what was then the away end were smashed up when Forest came to visit. I didn’t go round saying Forest fans smashed up the ground...it was a small minority...a ‘few morons’ again.

Don’t bother replying...I certainly won’t be...and I know you can barely contain your glee, but unless you’ve got something useful to offer, I suggest you just go forth and multiply because you’re obviously beginning to p*ss people off.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-01-2022 at 07:26 PM.

Would it help if I started a Dexit thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Would it help if I started a Dexit thread?
    thing is though Tricky, unlike Brexit I don't think Dexit is going to happen

After this afto's exchanges, I think EFL will be well aware that they are under notice to get it sorted, under veiled threat of being deleted (or neutered) themselves if they don't.

So Derby will survive

My expectation, and the short-, medium- and long-term form guides support this, is that Derby will also avoid relegation so we will be gracing the City Ground again next season

And as for this weekend, well time will tell but sentiment is with The Rams and a victory is almost pre-ordaned

But the thing that is frustrating my Forest friends most is that despite their current upward aspect, no-one actually gives a toss about them, all the headlines and column inches (be they good or bad) are about Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    thing is though Tricky, unlike Brexit I don't think Dexit is going to happen

After this afto's exchanges, I think EFL will be well aware that they are under notice to get it sorted, under veiled threat of being deleted (or neutered) themselves if they don't.

So Derby will survive

My expectation, and the short-, medium- and long-term form guides support this, is that Derby will also avoid relegation so we will be gracing the City Ground again next season

And as for this weekend, well time will tell but sentiment is with The Rams and a victory is almost pre-ordaned

But the thing that is frustrating my Forest friends most is that despite their current upward aspect, no-one actually gives a toss about them, all the headlines and column inches (be they good or bad) are about Derby
    Andy, without being pedantic, I don't think there ever was a cat on hells chance that DCFC will fold.
    However, after all the farting about and stalling that's been done, the bell has been rung for a final round.
    As I have already said, stop pissing about and sell the players you need to sell.
    There are so many people in denial to the situation and knives are out in revenge for all the ****ing about. It's getting on everyones nerves.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If the EFL had doen their job properly, you'd have gone down last season at the latest.
    MM stalled/delayed and the pain is self inflicted.
    Not that I agree with Boro, it's Wycombe I feel for.
    They tried with limited resources and should have stayed up,
    That sort of thing is where the bitterness comes from.
    I was reading the Derby Telegraph this week and the Leeds fans that RA mentioned were certainly on there, laughing their tits off.

So Gibson for me, is making sure you do go down. Not only that, he's doing his best to rip the squad up to prevent a fast recovery.
    Now will see the struggle with players going and the suspensions and injuries taking their toll

Would you like Bong?

..... in the absence of somebody, anybody, stumping up £7M we have just one source of the money and that's selling players and, if then reports are true, losing JK might produce the necessary funds.

Given a choice between being thrown out of the League and selling JK, I know which route I'd take.

There are other routes but they are unlikely, such as one of the bidders putting the cash up front or a consortium of rich Rams fans putting up the cash like Niall Horan, the Hollywood actor whose name I can't remember and others, none of which look likely.

I had a pretty restless night last night and came up with an idea that is even less likely and it requires not necessarily support from a lot of people but it does require some unlikely people not to stand in the way. It also requires input from Mel Morris.... possibly the biggest stumbling block to the idea.

Mel immediately writes off what we currently "owe" him. Mel puts up the £7M immediately as an interest free loan. He pays off all creditors as an interest free loan. He pays MSD the £20M and regains full ownership of the stadium. Once the £7M is deposited we have proof of funds to complete the season. Mel then sells the club to the preferred bidder for £1. He also sells the ground to DCFC for £20M and that sum is added to the interest free loan. The preferred bidder then puts the agreed funds into DCFC, let's say £50M. Out of that pot, the sole creditor (Mel) gets 25% of the debt up front. After that, he, or his beneficiaries should he die, get £2M at the start of each season as part repayment. They also get 25% of any profit made in a financial year. This continues until the full debt has been repaid. Derby is solvent and has £37.5M in the bank to cover running costs.

While all this has been going on, MFC and WWFC have agreed to temporarily park their claims while the EFL investigates if their claims are within EFL rules. If the claims are against the rules they are declared null and void. If not, we go through the Arbitration process and accept the result.

The EFL will immediately withdraw the "golden ticket" sword of Damocles from over the club's head. They will investigate the adherence of the claims to EFL rules and remove all extra sanctions from the table.

Derby County adopts a new financial policy. One where the intention is not to make a loss, under normal circumstances. Small losses are always a possibility. Every year, the club publishes the budget, a realistic one, showing expected income, expected outgoings etc. Included in that budget will be realistic plans for removing any trading losses over a period of 3 years. Extraordinary losses caused by something like a pandemic could be made up over a longer period of 5 or 10 years depending on the size of the deficit. It works in Holland.

The EFL introduces new rules to adopt the DCFC financial policy for all clubs. Failure to produce a balanced and believable budget could lead to a points deduction and repeated offences could lead to withdrawal of the "golden ticket".

The PFA was successful in getting wage reductions following relegation removed from contracts. That puts a strain on the budgets of relegate clubs. They should also accept the removal of wage rises from contracts in the case of promotion or return to accepting relegation reductions.

I realise that this "plan" is wholly dependent on Mel stepping up to the plate to save DCFC from dying as a result of financial mismanagement on his watch. Will the "lifelong, loyal supporter" step up? I hope so but won't be holding my breath.

The plan means nobody loses more than they already know they are going to lose and that is just Mel who has already agreed to write off the rumoured £140M we "owe" him. Mel puts up an estimated 10% of his wealth to save the club and he and his family get the money back over a number of years. The numbers aren't set in stone and can be increased or reduced to make the repayment period shorter/longer.

At least it's a plan of sorts rather than just moaning and finger pointing.
    I’ve thought through some of those ideas, and others, as you’ve seen mine has revolved round what a Phoenix club with a 20k attendance might look like, I think the businessmen we are trusting in are probably a bit more ‘conservative’ in their business plans than us

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)