+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New Buyer Progress

No surprise there, Id rather have someone happy to work in the background than be all big and egotistic in public.
    it is good news that a preferred bidder is likely to be named, but still some time until the i's and t's are dotted and crossed, so not there yet.

Fingers (and toes) crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    The Administrators have been quick to deny the contents of Kirschners statement and say that they have received higher bids, one of which has now raised that bid further!
    They have also said they will announce the preferred bidder soon!
    I believe the word used was imminent...................

He made a bid and HE, it seems, put a timeline on it. The Admins wouldn't be pushed. Captain America didn't like it so he took his ball home.

I don't fancy Appleby taking charge as Rush comes with his package. That leaves Gadsby. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    No surprise there, Id rather have someone happy to work in the background than be all big and egotistic in public.
    It would be the best choice for anyone to be happy. And working in the background or in the front (and being happy) is everyone's individual choice. I think so, but I could be wrong.

Then of course there is the "fan based" cryptocurrency backed *******s here

https://buydcfc.com/

To factor in: or rather ignore as probably cloud cuckoo land

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I believe the word used was imminent...................

He made a bid and HE, it seems, put a timeline on it. The Admins wouldn't be pushed. Captain America didn't like it so he took his ball home.

I don't fancy Appleby taking charge as Rush comes with his package. That leaves Gadsby. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.
    I may be reading this wrong but thought Gadsby and Appleby were one bid?

It was said they could join forces but I understood they were separate bidders

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I may be reading this wrong but thought Gadsby and Appleby were one bid?
    My understanding is that they are parts of different consortia. There was a suggestion that they might join forces but Gadsby said that wasn't on so it would appear that their bids remain separate from one another.

So that's who the preferred buyer is, can't say I'm surprised really. Wouldn't be entirely shocked, or disappointed, if it fell through though

Not seen the BBC Midlands piece on Appleby but I was phoned by an old friend (he's 88) early yesterday evening and the way he told it made it sound like Andy has merely done a "Kirchner" and publicly thrown his hat in the ring. Nothing from Admin on this going public.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)