+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Buyer Progress

Only read on FLW that Natalie believes Appleby has become the preffered bidder, not sure what inside knowledge she has so until its in the DT, BBC or SKY I'll carry on as normal

Heard a rumour that we shouldn’t be surprised if Ashley isn’t just biding his time. No idea if it’s true.
    Ironically I also wonder if the recent ‘revival’ isn’t making things more complicated. Four matches ago everyone was resigned to us being a League One club - at best - next season. Now the ‘remote’ chance of survival has become an ‘outside’ one and that must be reflected in any potential buyer’s willingness to invest in DCFC.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Heard a rumour that we shouldn’t be surprised if Ashley isn’t just biding his time. No idea if it’s true.
    Ironically I also wonder if the recent ‘revival’ isn’t making things more complicated. Four matches ago everyone was resigned to us being a League One club - at best - next season. Now the ‘remote’ chance of survival has become an ‘outside’ one and that must be reflected in any potential buyer’s willingness to invest in DCFC.
    If he is contemplating a Ram raid he might be best off doing it quickly......... depending on his/yours/ours/Admins understanding of the word imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    If he is contemplating a Ram raid he might be best off doing it quickly......... depending on his/yours/ours/Admins understanding of the word imminent.
    Suspect the meaning of ‘imminent’ in relation to the takeover changes as regularly as the meaning of ‘remote’ regarding our chance of avoiding relegation, MA.
    Seeing as an announcement has been ‘imminent’ for about the last month now I think the Administrator’s latest definition must be...‘whenever we get round to it’.

I can't imagine that the Administrators are sitting on their hands, it concerns me more that there may be a complexity that mightn't get resolved... Steve Gibbo being the complication!!

If I was a potential buyer I'd tell Gibbo and the Wycombe fella to do one or take it up with the EFL, we don't answer to other football clubs - we answer to the EFL and they've already punished us, if boro and wycombe aren't happy still then the need to sue the EFL, the EFL can't keep adding to what they've already punished us with which was the maximum penalty

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    If I was a potential buyer I'd tell Gibbo and the Wycombe fella to do one or take it up with the EFL, we don't answer to other football clubs - we answer to the EFL and they've already punished us, if boro and wycombe aren't happy still then the need to sue the EFL, the EFL can't keep adding to what they've already punished us with which was the maximum penalty
    Couldn’t agree more. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. Spot on.
    Spot on but without a scintilla of legal validity. I may be wrong but IMO there is nothing to stop one club suing another for an alleged damages claim that I am aware of, and I don't think there is a requirement to go via the EFL.

What her any such claim would stand a cats chance in hell in the courts is a different issue. But I can't think of a reason why Gibson et al couldn't pursue a claim, however specious. I don't see how a case could stick, but....

It's all just trying to cash in on the situation by adding more complexities for the buyers

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Spot on but without a scintilla of legal validity. I may be wrong but IMO there is nothing to stop one club suing another for an alleged damages claim that I am aware of, and I don't think there is a requirement to go via the EFL.

What her any such claim would stand a cats chance in hell in the courts is a different issue. But I can't think of a reason why Gibson et al couldn't pursue a claim, however specious. I don't see how a case could stick, but....

It's all just trying to cash in on the situation by adding more complexities for the buyers
    If there's the slightest chance of success, or even none, lawyers will encourage litigation

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

As ever I won’t challenge your greater knowledge of all matters relating to financial legality and technicality.

Having said that, common sense surely suggests that if Boro’ and Wycombe have a case it must be against the EFL...not us.
    Never understood Boro’s ‘case’ anyway. Can understand Wycombe feeling miffed, but we didn’t make the rules that kept us up and sent them down and, God knows, we’ve been punished enough by the EFL.

If, as has been suggested, the tidal wave of footballing public opinion is turning in our favour it’s about time such opinion told Gibson to stfu...imo.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)