+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: New Buyer Progress

Just found this on FB.....

Name:  save derby.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  20.7 KB

Here's another..... interesting, very interesting

Name:  Rams fans top.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  20.7 KB

Barrowload of salt needed (it is the Athletic after all) ....

According to The Athletic, Quantuma have "spotted a provision" in the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020 that allows them to significantly reduce Derby’s debts and render the claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe irrelevant.

They reportedly proposed a plan to the EFL, which would see the club offer HMRC the same 25% as unsecured creditors and give Middlesbrough and Wycombe nothing.
    I'm not changing my "hope" level. Let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Barrowload of salt needed (it is the Athletic after all) ....

I'm not changing my "hope" level. Let's wait and see.
    Let's hope there is some mileage in that but I'm not sure I can think what said loophole might be.

It's almost reached the point where I don't see a knight on a white charger coming over the hill, so if we're going to fall apart, about the only saving grace is that Middlesbro get nothing.

I confess to feeing rather like the prisoner on death row who has finally told his lawyers to throw in the towel on appeals and to request the sentence be carried out.... Too many false dawns, so many barriers being put up by the EFL

Its being said the administrators went to the EFL with this new info 10 days ago but the EFL dismissed it and in fact turned the tables and insisted on the administrators providing the evidence of funding

I actually think EFL themselves have a bit of a problem, as their rules prevent them from denying a place to any entity (club) who pass certain criteria, and that includes 'phoenix' clubs. If EFL DID force liquidation, unlike other phoenix clubs, Derby's could be massive (and debt free, making it very attractive to an investor). Would they dare to put us down at tier ten, where we would be thrashing the likes of Lichfield City week after week? Not good 'optics' for the EFL. At any level below the Championship a 'New Derby', debt free and with a relatively massive fan base, could be a real thorn in the EFL's side

..... in the absence of somebody, anybody, stumping up £7M we have just one source of the money and that's selling players and, if then reports are true, losing JK might produce the necessary funds.

Given a choice between being thrown out of the League and selling JK, I know which route I'd take.

There are other routes but they are unlikely, such as one of the bidders putting the cash up front or a consortium of rich Rams fans putting up the cash like Niall Horan, the Hollywood actor whose name I can't remember and others, none of which look likely.

I had a pretty restless night last night and came up with an idea that is even less likely and it requires not necessarily support from a lot of people but it does require some unlikely people not to stand in the way. It also requires input from Mel Morris.... possibly the biggest stumbling block to the idea.

Mel immediately writes off what we currently "owe" him. Mel puts up the £7M immediately as an interest free loan. He pays off all creditors as an interest free loan. He pays MSD the £20M and regains full ownership of the stadium. Once the £7M is deposited we have proof of funds to complete the season. Mel then sells the club to the preferred bidder for £1. He also sells the ground to DCFC for £20M and that sum is added to the interest free loan. The preferred bidder then puts the agreed funds into DCFC, let's say £50M. Out of that pot, the sole creditor (Mel) gets 25% of the debt up front. After that, he, or his beneficiaries should he die, get £2M at the start of each season as part repayment. They also get 25% of any profit made in a financial year. This continues until the full debt has been repaid. Derby is solvent and has £37.5M in the bank to cover running costs.

While all this has been going on, MFC and WWFC have agreed to temporarily park their claims while the EFL investigates if their claims are within EFL rules. If the claims are against the rules they are declared null and void. If not, we go through the Arbitration process and accept the result.

The EFL will immediately withdraw the "golden ticket" sword of Damocles from over the club's head. They will investigate the adherence of the claims to EFL rules and remove all extra sanctions from the table.

Derby County adopts a new financial policy. One where the intention is not to make a loss, under normal circumstances. Small losses are always a possibility. Every year, the club publishes the budget, a realistic one, showing expected income, expected outgoings etc. Included in that budget will be realistic plans for removing any trading losses over a period of 3 years. Extraordinary losses caused by something like a pandemic could be made up over a longer period of 5 or 10 years depending on the size of the deficit. It works in Holland.

The EFL introduces new rules to adopt the DCFC financial policy for all clubs. Failure to produce a balanced and believable budget could lead to a points deduction and repeated offences could lead to withdrawal of the "golden ticket".

The PFA was successful in getting wage reductions following relegation removed from contracts. That puts a strain on the budgets of relegate clubs. They should also accept the removal of wage rises from contracts in the case of promotion or return to accepting relegation reductions.

I realise that this "plan" is wholly dependent on Mel stepping up to the plate to save DCFC from dying as a result of financial mismanagement on his watch. Will the "lifelong, loyal supporter" step up? I hope so but won't be holding my breath.

The plan means nobody loses more than they already know they are going to lose and that is just Mel who has already agreed to write off the rumoured £140M we "owe" him. Mel puts up an estimated 10% of his wealth to save the club and he and his family get the money back over a number of years. The numbers aren't set in stone and can be increased or reduced to make the repayment period shorter/longer.

At least it's a plan of sorts rather than just moaning and finger pointing.

MM will do no such thing.
    If he cared about DCFC the ground issue would have been dealt with ages ago.
    He's a multi millionaire and it is obvious, that his personal wealth is not going to get dented by anyone.
    I believe, he'd sooner have that land for housing than lose cash.

As JK, in no way will you get a good valution pay out in the current climate.
    If a 1 or 2 million bid appeared they'd snap it up.
    Times running out and a liquidated club would be paying bugger all back.

TTR when will you start fully reading and fully understanding posts before putting your oar in where it's not wanted?

MM wil do no such thing ner ner ner ner ner

In my post which covered far more than just the part Mel COULD play in the plan/idea I mentioned a couple of Possibles and said "none of which look likely"

I then went on to bring Mel into the idea writing "It also requires input from Mel Morris.... possibly the biggest stumbling block to the idea."

Having outlined what Mel COULD do I added "Will the "lifelong, loyal supporter" step up? I hope so but won't be holding my breath."

Despite all those caveats you still found it necessary to be negative and didn't address any of the other steps/stages of the idea. At least you gave a negative reply. My fellow Rams have failed to respond.

Why the **** do I ****ing bother?

Maybe I'd have got more response if I'd blamed the whole 5h1tshow on Boris and/or Brexit or on Covid. Indeed, why the **** do I bother? Serious questions on the very existence of DCFC get totally ignored with the exception of some half baked **** of a Red Dog whose opinion really isn't wanted.

**** it. I'm done.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)