+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T 3rd test

Words fail me, I cant believe what I've just watched, Geoff boycott was left out of the England team ,for batting to slow,! after making a 100 runs, they never even made Australia bat again,.! but still the biggest disappointment this weekend was our Millers.!

68 all out….. a jolly boys holiday that’s All it’s been.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    68 all out….. a jolly boys holiday that’s All it’s been.
    It`s an all time low as far as I`m concerned. Time to re structure the whole set up of English cricket.Priority has to be the red ball game if we want to compete with the likes of Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by philthefluter View Post
    It`s an all time low as far as I`m concerned. Time to re structure the whole set up of English cricket.Priority has to be the red ball game if we want to compete with the likes of Australia.
    I remember when clown cricket started the opinion was that the new format would make the game stronger.

Yeah, right

Australia won the T20 World Cup so their test match ability doesn't seem to be affected by limited overs formats .

Big questions have to asked about our preparation. Some commentators are saying we had less than one day meaningful practice due to weather even though we turned up 3 weeks before. How on earth is that allowed to happen.
    Move the base location, check the weather, go to Dubai first, it's summertime in the Southern Hemisphere.
    Sort it out. Do something but don't let that happen
    Really poor organisation

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I remember when clown cricket started the opinion was that the new format would make the game stronger.

Yeah, right
    It doesn't seem to make much difference to the Indians.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    It doesn't seem to make much difference to the Indians.
    According to Johnathan Agnew

“The County Championship has been marginalised to the fringes of the season for the convenience of playing more limited-overs cricket. The ability to produce a solid defence has given way to the desire to hit ramps, scoops and towering sixes”

The majority of the Aussies have been playing Sheffield Shield cricket as a run up to this series so they have practice in games that need defensive batting

As for Root, Bairstow etc how many times have they been playing county cricket this season? Or any other type of game that lasts more than 1 day?

Very little

4th Test little bet we don’t lose this one, heavy rain forecast every day but then again.

So it all ends with England amassing just 2001 runs over 10 full test innings (less 1 wicket when they scraped the draw). A team average of just 200 per innings and individual average of less than 20 per batsman to the crease. Can't just blame 'bash it' cricket as other nations have the same type of schedules. Back to the drawing board (or indoor nets) methinks!

At 68-0 I thought is it on.......then

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast