+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T 3rd test

O/T 3rd test

Will the 3rd test be a 3 day test?

England poor with the bat again, Warner in contrast is scoring freely

gm -gm I'm watching it also, I'm not a Religious
    man, but it could rain for the next four days.! I think its time for a Chives Regal. ! after all ,having watched that today, you do need a good nights sleep,. keep the faith, Warner just out.!

Quote Originally Posted by fromafar View Post
    gm -gm I'm watching it also, I'm not a Religious
    man, but it could rain for the next four days.! I think its time for a Chives Regal. ! after all ,having watched that today, you do need a good nights sleep,. keep the faith, Warner just out.!
    What’s the forecast FAA? I reckon we need at least two days rain in this game and the next two

We play too much clown cricket, too much of a desire to score off every ball.

This is a test match, with 5 days allocated to it. A green wicket with a weather forecast that suggests it will dry out and get harder.

So it’s “ get your head down” survive the session to lunch and tire out the bowlers.

But no, we can’t do that, we are playing a limited overs format style, try to score off every ball.

Even Root, the best on the day got 50 off 82 balls but then got out having being at the crease for less than 2 hours play.

It’s test cricket, a situation where 50 in a full day but still being there is the way forward to success.

Not flash, bash and spend day 4 and 5 on the golf course.

Btw weather forecast is fine and sunny at about 24 Celsius

....listening to Root before the game saying," we have to stop being out to needless shots", and what does he do?????

The required technique and concentration levels just aren’t there.

Took one look at Hameed, chest guard, arm guard and basically more armour than Sir Lancelot and I thought this is a guy that doesn’t like to get too near the ball, and I reckon the Aussie bowlers thought the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The required technique and concentration levels just aren’t there.

Took one look at Hameed, chest guard, arm guard and basically more armour than Sir Lancelot and I thought this is a guy that doesn’t like to get too near the ball, and I reckon the Aussie bowlers thought the same.
    Some of the dismissals were howlers Grist

Gm-gm Its another perfect day, its up to England bowlers to remove , the night watchman and the next two batsman, as so as possible, take their catches and they must play better in their second innings, after the Acc /stanley result ,anything is possible, but its a perfect day for a cold beer,. good luck ,its a perfect days ahead viewing.!

Issues with covid in the England set up

Grist and gm-gm , Covid might save them, I'm off for a couple of glasses of Port.! good luck.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast