+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: v Chelsea

v Chelsea

Lineup:-

1Martínez
    2Cash
    4Konsa
    5Mings
    3Targett
    8Sanson
    6Douglas Luiz
    41J Ramsey
    10Buendía
    11Watkins
    20Ings

Substitutes
    12Steer
    15Traoré
    16Tuanzebe
    17Trézéguet
    21El Ghazi
    30Hause
    33Chukwuemeka
    39Davis
    47Iroegbunam

Nice to see a pattern of play, a bit of steel, and enthusiasm for the ball.

Will it be enough in the 2nd half with Lukaku on the bench, ready for his obligatory goal or two?

I do hope we can get something, if only for our 1st half endeavors.

Bollox

• What Cash was thinking of lunging in like that for their first penalty god only knows

• Mings didn't even challenge that great lump Lukaku when he headed home

• Target should have taken one for the team & felled Lukaku,

instead of being brushed aside like some irritating mosquito

• Noticeable that Nany MacPhee was front right & centre in the dugout area in Gerrards absence, boy did we miss S Gs guidance

• Going forward we looked about as threatening as a balloon on a stick, when the opportunities arose to get at Che$ki we just didn't have sufficient quality or composure

• Watkins & Ings just doesn't cut the mustard does it ?

• Can anyone explain quite W/T/F El Ghazi does to merit a place on the BENCH #

• Apart from that everything was super !

• Stay safe everyone

Went to the game today, Cashy was in a 2 v 1 situation several times in the first half and was trying to prevent the cutback, if Sanson had done his job he would've stayed on his feet. Could have been 5 easily today but for Mount's finishing and that brilliant Emi save, thought we looked flat from the start of the 2nd half and lacked energy & urgency - worryingly Carney was one of those & was fresh legs!

Ings isn't match fit yet, just not as mobile as he looked in the first few games but will get there - still think he could play in behind Ollie, good to see Bertie back. Lots to work on before the next game, definitely missed Stevie G's presence.

I just don't understand why we bought in Ings, he fills a hole which we didn't have. Watkins is much more effective when Ings doesnt play.

Couldn’t sleep much for some reason last night, so I rewatched the game and rewound all the goals, over and over again.

Our defence is of lower-prem standard. They make far too many ‘last ditch’ challenges. Good defenders’ reading of a game, means that they don’t have to.

Matty Cash (the Polish Hutton) has too many ‘heart in mouth’ defensive moments, in every game. Targett, Mings, and Konsa fall asleep every game, the best of teams always punish you.

Midfield and attack are also lower-prem standard. This is no slight on any of the above, they have been brilliant to get us this far. However, do we want lower-prem or do we want continuous progression?

Steven, you have a huge job ahead, if we are to meet your expectations. 3 transfer windows of a job.

Well, we had a spark in the first half but it was completely dead in the 2nd half, nothing, nothing at all. We missed the energy of SJM and yes, Ings and Watkins does not work! Chucky looked good when he came on and maybe should have started instead of Sanson who's legs fell off very quickly. You just knew Lacacku would score when he came on as Freer has pointed out but it does beg the question, with that line up, who was missing to call the Burnley game off? Who tested positive? Something tells me all of them by the way they strolled around huffing and puffing but please please tell, what happened to the crowd? Empty seats my lord, Empty seats. I take it a lot of fair weather fans stayed away and the ones in there were in a coma from too much food and drink, never heard the Holte End so quiet, I just hope the glory hunters do not bother next season! Another 8 days to wait for a game and a further 8 days for the game after that... and yet rather annoyingly we still hear Managers bemoaning the festive programme "too much football, its unfair" says Tuchel....whats, is he serious. What a joker. If these so called big time Charlie's complain about, basically what is success, well don't enter competitions like the LC or FA cup in fact, there should be a ruling, if you enter European football, you automatically drop out of the domestic cup games??
    Do these guys realise their profession is to play football, not sure what the like of real managers like Saunders and Fergy would say about that!!
    Being as the Leeds game is off has peed me off as it would have been on prime, mm better cancel that now. Oh well, let's see what happens Next Year......

Chucky looked good? He made a half ar$ed attempt to help his team win back possession not long after he'd come on, I hope that's been spotted and he gets a rocket from Gerrard. Sanson worked his socks off and whilst clearly not yet match fit he showed some classy stuff, there's no denying Chucky's talent but he needs to show more hunger.

I would say chucky lost the ball but that's what we are good at, Luiz did it a couple of times having done the hard work passed it straight to a chelsea player! We also have got to stop this passing around the back especially using the keeper only to hoof the ball to no one and back it comes again. Ings cannot hold the ball up and this season Watkins looks like he's borrowed boots off Ronald Macdonald.....we definitely missed a couple of key midfielders out there and maybe that's where we need to strengthen. Not interested in Gomez from Liverpool or another risky south American player. Lingard may be a good shout?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)