+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Hedges, and other transfer news thread

Ryan Hedges, and other transfer news thread

Supposedly leaving Aberdeen to join promotion chasing Blackburn Rover's ,
    did anyone rate him in his time at Oakwell ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Supposedly leaving Aberdeen to join promotion chasing Blackburn Rover's ,
    did anyone rate him in his time at Oakwell ?
    Another one who was consistently injured Roma and possibly we never saw his true potential .

I had some great hopes for Isgrove too who I thought was a lovely little player on loan and hardly played because of consistent injuries when he signed .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Another one who was consistently injured Roma and possibly we never saw his true potential .

I had some great hopes for Isgrove too who I thought was a lovely little player on loan and hardly played because of consistent injuries when he signed .
    Isgrove was one I really expected to see big things from , the season before he signed ?? He was part of a very young Soton team that ran us to death and totally outplayed us in a league cup tie at Oakwell ,
    As for Hedges , hit n miss , as you say another injury prone player , he even injured himself on way back from injury , dropping some weights in the Gym , scored a few good goals for us tho, good luck to him if this move comes off to Blackburn ,

Isgrove was one I really expected to see big things from , the season before he signed ?? He was part of a very young Soton team that ran us to death and totally outplayed us in a league cup tie at Oakwell ,
    As for Hedges , hit n miss , as you say another injury prone player , he even injured himself on way back from injury , dropping some weights in the Gym , scored a few good goals for us tho, good luck to him if this move comes off to Blackburn ,
    Looking back and possibly with the benefit of hindsight the recruitment following the Hourihane , Winnall , Bree , Roberts , Scowen , Watkins and Yiadom era wasn't as bad as it seemed at the time .

The majority of the replacements got us straight back to the championship at the first time of asking and were possibly the best group of players in the league .

Harvey Barnes and Ollie McBurnie have done well in the PL especially Harvey Barnes .

Moore , Pinnock , Lindsay , Davies and Mowatt are all very good players with Pinnock a PL defender .

Where it goes spectacularly wrong is seeing the talent we spot come to fruition at Oakwell .

Where it goes even more spectacularly wrong is when the talent we identify doesn't kick on .

I reckon that's where we are right now although a league lower you never know .

If one player sums us up as a model and a club it's Matty Pearson .

Since he left this club without anybody losing any sleep over it I have to say he's proved to be a steady championship player .

A Stephen Foster , a Joe Joyce a Jim Dobbin .

It's seems obvious
    to me that the problem isn't the fact we can't identify talent and stick around in the championship it's the fact we don't know how best to manage it and that covers two ownerships .

We consistently feck ourselves , we've had the players for it not to be so .

Keep an Eye on this lad from Moscow Torpedo
    Őota Gorkinat

Yeah I thought Hedges was ok for us, nothing spectacular of course but not as good as he maybe could have been.

As for Isgrove, what a disappointing time he had here as a 'sick note' player. Hes at Bolton now isn't he, trying to resurrect his career.

Unbelievable but true Izzy's goal at Wembley won me some ££££s I bet 3-1 and Izzy to score at some point , also won ££££s on JPT FINAL 3-2 to the Reds ,that won't happen again !! Any win at all would be a miracle these days ,
    Last edited by Romared; 30-12-2021 at 05:48 PM.

Brad Collins on WBA radar , Sam Johnstone set to leave the Baggies and join Spurs , Spurs goalkeeper Lloris is believed to be returning to his former Club OGC Nice, what value would you put on Collins ? 1.5m ?

Brad Collins on WBA radar , Sam Johnstone set to leave the Baggies and join Spurs , Spurs goalkeeper Lloris is believed to be returning to his former Club OGC Nice, what value would you put on Collins ? 1.5m ?
    I wouldn"t be too upset with this as I have always preferred Walton but i must admit that Collins won me over & has been excellent for the last 12 months

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast