+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morecambe

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Amazing turnaround but against a better side tonight we would have got stuffed Richards, Adebisi, Finney, Ainley, Mandron are either not good enough or in Mandron case not fit. A serious amount of quality needs to be brought into the club in January we are still one of the worse sides in the league and without major recruitment that will not change. Settle for the 3 points tonight but it has not been lost on those watching we are very poor and scraped past another very poor side tonight both clubs destined for league 2.
    Can’t believe the pessimism on this site, it’s very little wonder that posters are few and far between. When was the last time a team was relegated at Christmas? Call yourselves supporters. This season was always going to be difficult in the light of at least six players moving on. I’m sure we’ll pull through, we’ve got 23 games to pull 4 points back. So sit back, calm down and enjoy the battle ahead. COYR

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonRouge View Post
    Can’t believe the pessimism on this site, it’s very little wonder that posters are few and far between. When was the last time a team was relegated at Christmas? Call yourselves supporters. This season was always going to be difficult in the light of at least six players moving on. I’m sure we’ll pull through, we’ve got 23 games to pull 4 points back. So sit back, calm down and enjoy the battle ahead. COYR

I expected Crouton to post after an Alex win (usually absent when we are beaten) so are you suggesting that people who post on this site about how poor some of our squad are, how our formation does not suit certain players are not supporters ? We are all supporters on this site but some of us give a hard honest assessment of where we are at and I understand that but don’t ever accuse us of not being supporters. Crewe have too many players in the team who should not be if we lose Lowery in January or through injury we will be done for we need 2 quality midfielders a LB and a RB a winger and an out and out goal scorer in January these are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I expected Crouton to post after an Alex win (usually absent when we are beaten) so are you suggesting that people who post on this site about how poor some of our squad are, how our formation does not suit certain players are not supporters ? We are all supporters on this site but some of us give a hard honest assessment of where we are at and I understand that but don’t ever accuse us of not being supporters. Crewe have too many players in the team who should not be if we lose Lowery in January or through injury we will be done for we need 2 quality midfielders a LB and a RB a winger and an out and out goal scorer in January these are facts.
    And the reality is, we may get two of those at most. Midfield a priority if Lowery goes. But we don't need a left back. Rio is plenty good enough. He may have lost a bit of form of late but he should not be written off. We have a right back, 2 in fact. Travis, like Rio, is good enough, He just needs to ease his way into a regular place. Which I guess will happen when Ramsey returns to Southampton at the end of the season. A striker with an eye for goal would be nice but I suspect our budget won't get us any better than we already have.
    It is easy to criticise the players when form dips. There are one or two who, I agree, do not seem good enough but I suspect, unless we can off load some of the players who have not fitted in, recruitment will be limited.

My thoughts on last night. First a win is a win so happy with that.
    I think the idea of Ainley at wb was to keep Leigh occupied but it didn't work. Bringing Ramsay on was a great idea. Ainley frustrates me as he is probably one of the best footballers in the club but where do you play him? I think he is a No.10 but we haven't got the players to play that system.
    The 3 cbs were fine most of the time. Lowery great again (give him whatever he wants to stay here) Even Wartman appreciates him now. ;o)
    I said just over a year ago that MM is not good enough. He is too slow in starting, picks up speed but by then that is too late, we need a forward that is quick over 5 to 10 yards.
    I forgot that Finney was playing till they took him off. Murphy was cajoling the players all match and Porter was good, oh I wish he was 10 years younger.
    I did say at the start of the season that I would be happy to finish 5th from the bottom as it is second season syndrome and we lost a lot of quality players.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    My thoughts on last night. First a win is a win so happy with that.
    I think the idea of Ainley at wb was to keep Leigh occupied but it didn't work. Bringing Ramsay on was a great idea. Ainley frustrates me as he is probably one of the best footballers in the club but where do you play him? I think he is a No.10 but we haven't got the players to play that system.
    The 3 cbs were fine most of the time. Lowery great again (give him whatever he wants to stay here) Even Wartman appreciates him now. ;o)
    I said just over a year ago that MM is not good enough. He is too slow in starting, picks up speed but by then that is too late, we need a forward that is quick over 5 to 10 yards.
    I forgot that Finney was playing till they took him off. Murphy was cajoling the players all match and Porter was good, oh I wish he was 10 years younger.
    I did say at the start of the season that I would be happy to finish 5th from the bottom as it is second season syndrome and we lost a lot of quality players.
    Ainley can’t defend so should not be playing at RWB I think defensively we will be OK just get rid of Daniels, Thomas and Macfazdean. We don’t have good enough midfielders to play a 3 so should abandon the 5-3-2 formation until we do have. Gomes was clearly a panic recruitment because he is beyond useless and I would personally pay him to get on his bike. Finney should be released could not see a pass if it came with flashing lights. Bennett I would not have him back 1 trick show pony. Lundstrum also should be released offers nothing. Another point on Ainley is he is slower than I thought he was. If Porter was 10 years younger we could not afford him. Mandron and Kashkett I would be happy to see both go as latter is slow and off the pace, Kashkett is just a wind up toy charges around until he runs out puff.

So the January transfer window should and could be busy.

Cannot agree that Lundstram is not good enough but I DO agree with DA that he hasn't hit his heights this season.
    The main problem is the midfield three. We've got 2 decent players whoever you choose but how do we use the third place. DA seems to be hoping that Finney is going to score as he's not done anything else. Ainley would be used as a carrier linking midfield to the front. Unfortunately, Ainley doesn't score or assist enough. The third option is to use another central midfielder and let the rotate movement forward or defensively. This latter should help defensively but would be hard work going forward. Knight could be the answer, when he's fit again.

Does anyone know how many Alex fans were at Morecambe?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Does anyone know how many Alex fans were at Morecambe?

Ta!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12