+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morecambe

Morecambe

Will it be on? Morecambe are alleged to have a high vaccination rate for players, so if it was postponed, it would be down to the Alex.
    In previous years, we've always struggled at Morecambe. However, this year I'm not going so maybe it will be different!! When beaten at home we were very exposed down our right hand side by good combination work between Gnahoua and Greg Leigh. I think we were stuck on 433 at the time and Daniels gave away the first goal (or was that Accrington?). With our 532/352 formation, that should not happen this time. Mind you, Rio will have to be more like his old self if we are to survive against their wing play.
    I don't know who is fit so it's difficult to predict the line-up but maybe Ramsey should be allowed to play RWB as he is better at that than an orthodox RB. For the back 3, I think we should stick with our youthful group. Whatever the scenario for next season, getting those 3 playing together regularly, with O'Riordan as back-up, can only be beneficial in the long term, especially as the alternatives will probably have gone by next August. The three in the middle has to be Lowery, Robertson plus either Murphy or Ainley. I would give the latter a go in his best position. If he fails again, then surely he has used up all his professional 'lives' and we should be looking elsewhere.
    The front two, I suppose, has to be Porter and Long.
    It's either my desperation or I've suddenly become an optimist as I'm convinced we won't lose on Wednesday night. I even have a sneaking suspicion that we will win, 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Will it be on? Morecambe are alleged to have a high vaccination rate for players, so if it was postponed, it would be down to the Alex.
    In previous years, we've always struggled at Morecambe. However, this year I'm not going so maybe it will be different!! When beaten at home we were very exposed down our right hand side by good combination work between Gnahoua and Greg Leigh. I think we were stuck on 433 at the time and Daniels gave away the first goal (or was that Accrington?). With our 532/352 formation, that should not happen this time. Mind you, Rio will have to be more like his old self if we are to survive against their wing play.
    I don't know who is fit so it's difficult to predict the line-up but maybe Ramsey should be allowed to play RWB as he is better at that than an orthodox RB. For the back 3, I think we should stick with our youthful group. Whatever the scenario for next season, getting those 3 playing together regularly, with O'Riordan as back-up, can only be beneficial in the long term, especially as the alternatives will probably have gone by next August. The three in the middle has to be Lowery, Robertson plus either Murphy or Ainley. I would give the latter a go in his best position. If he fails again, then surely he has used up all his professional 'lives' and we should be looking elsewhere.
    The front two, I suppose, has to be Porter and Long.
    It's either my desperation or I've suddenly become an optimist as I'm convinced we won't lose on Wednesday night. I even have a sneaking suspicion that we will win, 2-1.

It is a must win game for both teams tomorrow night we have not managed a win so far away this season, The rest has probably done the players well however they need to be playing regularly together to try and start to look like a team so I’m afraid the rest period has been a double edged sword. Morecambe looked a lot better than us at Gresty Road however we have improved a little where as they seem to be going the other way. So prediction formation is a mystery to the management team half the time so I’m not even going to try and guess that one, starting 11 who knows depends who fancy’s it on the day 0-0 is my prediction. My worry is how is Artell going to get in the 5 or 6 players we need in January to replace

Lowery (transfer)
    Knight injured
    Gomes (crap)
    Ainley (crap)
    Macfazdean (crap)
    Bennett (Injured)

I think we should just play the Crewe academy players in reddiness for league 2 next season.

I suppose that we will get a big clue tomorrow night regarding whether anybody is in for Lowery or not. Will he be protected or not? What is our minimum fee that we will reluctantly take for him, considering that he can leave for nothing at the end of the season (age 24 on New Year's Eve)?

Not my choice of team by a long way even allowing for the absentees. Looks like Mandron and Ainley out wide. Hope that I have got it wrong and not big Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Not my choice of team by a long way even allowing for the absentees. Looks like Mandron and Ainley out wide. Hope that I have got it wrong and not big Dave.

Looks like Dave is still pi**ed up from Xmas what a dreadful starting 11 square pegs in round holes and an absolutely awful midfield with both the woeful Finney and passed it Murphy selected Ainley at RWB is a joke when Ramsey is on the bench. The clown appears to be learning no lessons from his previous gaffs. My confidence has been severely tempered by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Looks like Dave is still pi**ed up from Xmas what a dreadful starting 11 square pegs in round holes and an absolutely awful midfield with both the woeful Finney and passed it Murphy selected Ainley at RWB is a joke when Ramsey is on the bench. The clown appears to be learning no lessons from his previous gaffs. My confidence has been severely tempered by this.
    Spot on Wartman. Ainley right wing back never going to work = goal against, with Ramsey on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Spot on Wartman. Ainley right wing back never going to work = goal against, with Ramsey on the bench.

Well that first half says everything you need to know absolutely woeful,

Richards Clown
    Adebisi useless
    Porter passed it
    Mandron unfit
    Finney crap
    Murphy offers nothing
    Ainley ok going forward can’t defend
    Lowery class head and shoulders the best player on the pitch
    Sass Davies cumbersome

Why is Finney still on?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Why is Finney still on?

Amazing turnaround but against a better side tonight we would have got stuffed Richards, Adebisi, Finney, Ainley, Mandron are either not good enough or in Mandron case not fit. A serious amount of quality needs to be brought into the club in January we are still one of the worse sides in the league and without major recruitment that will not change. Settle for the 3 points tonight but it has not been lost on those watching we are very poor and scraped past another very poor side tonight both clubs destined for league 2.

Will will probably back in goal on Saturday. Richards was all over the place. 2 saves, 1 of which was scrambled and the other was brought about by his lack of composure hurrying a goal-kick.
    I can't understand why DA persisted with Ainley at RWB when Ramsay was available (and did well when he came on). The back three were okay except for the lack of concentration that led to their goal. Adebisi is worrying me as he seems to have lost his confidence and, to be honest, he was better on the right. Travis did okay and seemed rather pumped up. Lowery was superb for most of the game, maybe we should keep him to see out the season. The chance of staying up could be better financially than giving him a cut-price price transfer. Murphy, from what I saw of the game, did not look past it and played his role really well. Should I bother saying anything about Finney? I think he managed 2 successful passes but he was often the reason our attacks ended due to poor passing and control.
    Which brings us to the front two. I agree, Wartman, Mandron looks listless and unfit. Porter did what he does and scored the chance that Lowery made for him.
    I thought there were times going forward in the first 60 minutes where we were looking better. True, Morecambe gave us a lot of space in the first 35 minutes but overall the Alex looked the better team.
    There will be better teams who may batter us but we don't have to win every game just an occasional win against a top half team and beat most of those in around the bottom 10. There is usually a team that puts in a run towards the end of the season and another that has a calamitous collapse into the relegation scrap.There is no reason, I believe, to not imagine that the Alex could be the former. It would only need a couple of wins for some of the players to rediscover confidence and form. Saturday would be an opportunity to build on tonight.
    Finally, COYR💪💪💪💪💪🌤🌞

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast