+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Window January 2022

Window January 2022

So, apart from needing De Bruyne and Ronaldo etc, what, realistically, do we need to do in the transfer window?
    One idea is nothing. That is to say, follow Dario's old maxim of 'see where our youngsters take us' and get them playing together at a higher level. Not all of them, obviously, but we can continue with Robertson, Long and maybe Ramsey, as well as our longer term older players. This would probably mean we have generally given up on this season and are preparing for the next.
    Another option would to see the season as not yet lost and go for a couple of players in key positions. But what are those positions? Well, we assume that Lowery is going so we need a replacement for him. Somebody who could hold the ball but also move it forward and possibly add goals. The other important figure would need to be a goalscoring targetman. Unfortunately Porter is beginning to 'lose his legs' and Mandron just doesn't fit this season's style of play.
    The next consideration is whether these are signings or are loans. Would loans work? Short-term commitments but also people who might need to prove themselves. No more old men as signings (MacDonald has recently signed for Penybont).
    Finally, we need to ensure none of our academy players follow Wintle, Dale and Lowery and so get offered decent longer term deals as soon as possible.

Outgoings are just as important. We need to get Thomas, Macfadzean and Daniels out ASAP, and hopefully find someone to take Gomes, Long and Kashket off our hands as well.

Why Long & Kashket?

Long is never fit, hasn't played 2 successive games yet. Kashket just a huff and puff merchant

I would keep Long to see out his contract, which, I think, is 2 years as he would be useful in League 2, should we go down. Kashket I agree. Thomas, Gomes, MacFazdean and Daniels need to be shipped out 'by mutual consent'.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I would keep Long to see out his contract, which, I think, is 2 years as he would be useful in League 2, should we go down. Kashket I agree. Thomas, Gomes, MacFazdean and Daniels need to be shipped out 'by mutual consent'.
    I'd keep Long as when he does play more than twice in a row (he has) he looks like scoring, and has done - and he's contracted for next year. (Don't know why he was missing this week though - his isolation was weeks ago now. Injured again?) Kashket seems to me a real trier and does put defenders under pressure with his pace. The other 4 , yes! Thomas is only here for a year, and Daniels is in his second year, hope we gave McFadzean only one year - can't imagine why we gave Gomes two ..

Has Connor Salisbury gone on loan yet or is he too young?

The latter I think, though he did also go off injured late on in the Youth Cup tie. Tabiner also not out on loan yet I think, they don't usually send U-18s on loan. (Though were thinking of it for Zac as he was so advanced, till they found he was ready for more!)

Rumour that we are looking to loan in Blackburn u23 player. Apparently, he was in the stands at Morecambe.

The player is Connor McBride. Apparently, he's been terrorising defenses in PL2 U23. Hmm! Ben Knight appeared in the Charity Shield for City last August but....
    And didn't DA say he didn't want to develop other team's players?
    Mind you a decent striker could take some pressure off the defence.....though he would need some assistance from the rest of the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast