+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Kessler

FAO Kessler

You’ve raised a number of things so I’ll try and sweep them all up in this response.

1 Please go ahead and enter the predictocomp. As an EOB you’ll start on 57 points.

2 Can you please remind me about the email that you sent me. Sorry if it slipped my mind but I can’t remember it nor can I find it. Sorry - resend it possibly?

3 Sorry that it took “weeks and weeks” to get a new account. That shouldn’t happen though folk have reported delays of days before. I tried setting up a new account myself a few weeks ago to test the system and it took 6 days which is still too long. Can you let me know exactly how long it took in your case and I’ll raise it. I suspect we all know the answer though, the owners moved to a skeleton staff over a year ago due to covid and priorities have changed.

4 Speaking of the owners, Stefan covered this yesterday. If you go up to the Forum button you’ll see all the footymad boards run by Digital Sports Group (DSG) who are the owners. I run this board as Editor and Mod and they do the rest. I can issue temporary or permanent bans on any footymad board but am the only Mod that can move, delete or otherwise manipulate post threads here. DSG handle the software and deal with complaints, otherwise just let the Mods get on with it. I’m a bit miffed that I can’t get access to ip addresses but that’s a data protection thing and DSG retain that responsibility. This structure works quite well and the Mods are provided with a stable platform to work with. The ads are a pain to some but it’s a service provided free to the Mods so we have to put up with it. At least it doesn’t fail every few weeks/days like the other Carlisle board. If you have any IT ideas, therefore, it’s useless punting them here; make a case to DSG and they’ll either adopt them or they won’t but it’ll be their decision.

5 Thanks for your offer of early retirement due my obviously declining faculties and increasing senility. Comparing me to Jenkins and co is a bit of a stretch though. This board was picking up quite nicely earlier this year and on some days there were more posts here than there were on the other board, and that was when it was working. Then Piglet called somebody a pa­edophile and DSG booted Barry into touch and several folk left for a number of reasons related to the resulting fallout. We now have what I’d call a quiet stability. Perhaps you can work as hard as Howoldboy, Cayambe, Stefan and the rest to inform and improve the discussions on here as a board member. We’re happy to have you.

But early retirement? No thank you.

Good response. I imagined it may be Tim working out of Cyprus.

Why have you gone to so much trouble over this Griff? Kess is a wum and everyone knows it,it wouldn't suprise me that even if he got automatic acceptance he would still claim that it took him weeks just to get a bite,I've no trouble with wums posting on forums because they entertain me if they are good at it,Kess and Frank are two peas in a pod

I understand all that Chalky. I responded fully because, firstly, I have time. I’ll be driving back through Wales this afternoon and I wanted it out of the way this morning. Secondly, we all have our opinions on other posters but there are more folk from inside and outside footymad who look in here than you might imagine so my lengthy explanation was as much for them as for Kessler. Look at this week’s Predictocomp thread - 111 folk have bothered to open it since I started it yesterday. Anyone who read Kessler’s posts yesterday will be better informed if they read what I posted above.

Thank you for your reply Griff.

1. What is EOB? 57 points is so low that I cannot win. Sounds like just another method to keep your users low, rather than to encourage new ones.

2. There is no need to resend the email because I managed to bring your attention to the problem on here. But I had to sign up for a new account and wait weeks before I could. This is not a good way to deliver customer service.

3. It took 14-17 days. I did not check every day so do not know exactly when you got round to approval it.

4. As Mod and therfore the public face of the messageboard you should be raising problems and suggesting improvements to DSG where necessary. No sign ups means the board will eventually die so it is also in there interests to fix these issues you would assume.

5. Maybe it was a bit of a strecth, but the decline of both the club and this board has been a long process and it is not really getting much better. But you are a very good poster and do your best I am sure. Change is not always a bad thing you know

“ 57 points is so low that I cannot win. Sounds like just another method to keep your users low, rather than to encourage new ones “

Have a day off….

If I remember rightly EOB stands for Every Other B.astard, could be wrong though as it's been years since it's been mentioned

Well there is no need to swear

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)