+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Falling out with the boss…

Its quite easy to explain why utd & every other team go through these slumps. The players are not good enough to sustain any form for long. If they were they would be playing for better teams elsewhere. Also the days of clubs like utd having reserve players good enough to replace first choices is long gone. If they were good enough they would be playing or handing in transfer requests. Us,Aberdeen,Hibs,Motherwell,St.Johnstone & others all take turns at being best of the rest or being utter pish. If we lose any of our players for any reason its usually catastrophic to our form. I think players nowadays have a lot to answer for in terms of application,caring enough & believing that going on a 6 or 7 game unbeaten run means they have arrived. They dont seem to think we should expect that is what we should see all season.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    All rumour. Nothing 'mostly' about it.

so we can put that one in the 'load of pish' drawer.
    I have a couple O them drawers in the Bedsit.

Mainly in the winter when its too cold to use the outdoor facility.

My Dens Park Mole tells me that numerous players have fallen out with Pep McPoke.

The Court Jester (Cummings)
    The Tree Basher (Charlie)
    The Cop Basher (Gowser)
    One of their own (Cammy)
    Whaurs my bobble(Sheridan)
    The Groin Stroker (McMullan)
    The Wee Man (Mullen)

Its a fairly common thing in the dressing room environment troops so i wouldna worry about it.

If the manager says to you "sorry son, yir drapped" and you don't fall out with him, your attitude has to be questioned. You may be right, he may be right, matters not a jot. Stand your ground, fight your corner, and next time you get a chance to prove him wrong , get ripped right in there. (unfortunately) I'm no seeing too many fighters in that team when the chips are doon. :/

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    This is mostly rumour, I know, but it seems like a fair number of our squad are falling out with the manager.

Half way through the season, I can think of Butcher, Chalmers, Mochrie and now Levitt who have all been rumoured to have fallen out with Tam.

So do we have an attitude problem in our squad or is Tam just a complete dick?

And on the subject of Levitt, does anyone know what is actually happening there? Two or three people have mentioned him falling out with Tam but there has also been chat of him signing for Ipswich. Is he fit and available again? Is he being sent back to Old Trafford? Is he signing for another club?
    Did JYM ever fall out with anyone.

This is rumour and even if it were true only Levitt is the key player amongst that group.

Think of JYM and Sir Alex they fell out with plenty of players including key players that no longer matched team requirements or what they demanded

Fwiw TC seems like opposite type of coach to that. In modern style he tries to help and encourage players from what I have heard from him / United output etc
    Last edited by LSArab; 29-12-2021 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    Its quite easy to explain why utd & every other team go through these slumps. The players are not good enough to sustain any form for long. If they were they would be playing for better teams elsewhere. Also the days of clubs like utd having reserve players good enough to replace first choices is long gone. If they were good enough they would be playing or handing in transfer requests. Us,Aberdeen,Hibs,Motherwell,St.Johnstone & others all take turns at being best of the rest or being utter pish. If we lose any of our players for any reason its usually catastrophic to our form. I think players nowadays have a lot to answer for in terms of application,caring enough & believing that going on a 6 or 7 game unbeaten run means they have arrived. They dont seem to think we should expect that is what we should see all season.
    It’s possible to buck this trend though; United’s class of 2010, St Johnstone punching above their weight through most of the last decade being notable examples.

Not easy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    If the manager says to you "sorry son, yir drapped" and you don't fall out with him, your attitude has to be questioned. You may be right, he may be right, matters not a jot. Stand your ground, fight your corner, and next time you get a chance to prove him wrong , get ripped right in there. (unfortunately) I'm no seeing too many fighters in that team when the chips are doon. :/
    Declan Glass.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Did JYM ever fall out with anyone
    Er, yes, maybe occasionally - ask Hamish McAlpine for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Er, yes, maybe occasionally - ask Hamish McAlpine for starters.
    "John Clark's decided the fishin's no for him..."

Did JYM ever fall out with anyone?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)