+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Falling out with the boss…

Falling out with the boss…

This is mostly rumour, I know, but it seems like a fair number of our squad are falling out with the manager.

Half way through the season, I can think of Butcher, Chalmers, Mochrie and now Levitt who have all been rumoured to have fallen out with Tam.

So do we have an attitude problem in our squad or is Tam just a complete dick?

And on the subject of Levitt, does anyone know what is actually happening there? Two or three people have mentioned him falling out with Tam but there has also been chat of him signing for Ipswich. Is he fit and available again? Is he being sent back to Old Trafford? Is he signing for another club?

everyone i've spoken to says Tams sound, dunno what he's like with the players though

it's always in the back of the head the fact he was never professional and that was always a concern

like you say all rumours, but usually no smoke without fire. Levitt not playing has been disastrous for us

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    everyone i've spoken to says Tams sound, dunno what he's like with the players though

it's always in the back of the head the fact he was never professional and that was always a concern

like you say all rumours, but usually no smoke without fire. Levitt not playing has been disastrous for us
    I've spoken to TC a few times after matches (results good and bad) and he is sound. He doesn't need to take time to chat but he does. As offshore says, only the players will know what he's like in the dressing room or on the training pitch.

I'm not sure I'd take too much stock in these rumors though. I've never had the feeling the players aren't playing for him for instance.

IF there is any truth in these rumours and IF TC lost his job because of it and we end up with another manager, what would the new manager do with the squad we have? We the fans are living in hope that the young players will be our lifeline, but we need the older players to help nurture them. If the older players aren't up to scratch (and a few of them fall into this category) why would the young players listen to and respect men they know aren't good enough? This puts TC in a very difficult situation.
    Players and managers/coaches will always have fall outs and disagreements but it's how the manager deals with these situations that will determine whether he has a good grip on the players or not. Very hard to tell with TC at the moment as we don't know enough about him in this respect. Hopefully Tam gets a chance to put his stamp on the squad in January.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    This is mostly rumour, I know, but it seems like a fair number of our squad are falling out with the manager.

Half way through the season, I can think of Butcher, Chalmers, Mochrie and now Levitt who have all been rumoured to have fallen out with Tam.

And on the subject of Levitt, does anyone know what is actually happening there? Two or three people have mentioned him falling out with Tam but there has also been chat of him signing for Ipswich. Is he fit and available again? Is he being sent back to Old Trafford? Is he signing for another club?
    Mostly rumour, seems like. So basically pish?

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Mostly rumour, seems like. So basically pish?
    All rumour. Nothing 'mostly' about it.

The Butcher rumour came at a time when his entire household had Covid, so we can put that one in the 'load of pish' drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post

Levitt has had Covid and also problem with his ankle. Currently back in Manchester dont think there has been a fallout.

Levitt's parents and his brother were on our bus away to the Livi midweek game a few months back and his mum and dad both said he was loving it at United they were both very happy he's with us too. A lot can happen in a few months I suppose but I doubt these rumours have any truth in them.

That first 50 mins of Hibs game was eye bleeding football to watch, midfield was awful forwards were no good but got no help anyway, tactics were no idea what we were trying to do..15 goals in 20 games and players are no happy i say neither they should be.

Usual pish you hear after a poor run

Memories disappear quick, forgetting that with a stable line up without much disruption we were 4th and also I believe were third in the table for shots on target behind the obvious two teams only falling away in recent weeks

So TC has shown with his strongest line up or close to it and a consistent run playing it he can get us up the league, can have us creating and at same time we have proven we can be good defensively, that only really slipped from Tynecastle where Benji made that error and we defended poorly after

Recent games I feel we have defended ok, it took a soft penalty to decide the livi game, a pen at the Ibrox to decide that game (dma pen but wouldn't be given other end for us) and the offside goal vs Hibs which changes the course of a game

Hibs at home in league cup we dominated about 70% of that game and played really well our goal was excellent and had the clearly onside goal disallowed (aswell as the pen given for them) , poor decisions went against us, Hibs away we dominated with a strong line up, on sunday you see the difference, nothing like the same line up or performance but like previous Tannadice game decision goes for hibs

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)