+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wrexham is in the balance...

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Yes I think we're definitely more reliant now on one player - namely Wootton - as our orthodox centre-forward and goal scorer.

Kairo Mitchell has had some good games and his pace is useful, but he seems to play better as an outside forward than a centre-forward.

Eli Sam - well - he has shown flashes of brilliance in his time with us, but for much of the rest of the time he's either anonymous or quite error-prone. I hoped against hope that he would start to impose himself as he got more used to English football, because I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere, but he clearly hasn't convinced Ian Burchnall to give him any sort of meaningful chance, and he's fast running out of time.

Lewis Knight has been unfortunate with injuries and could yet prove himself to be asset, but in the summer it seemed as though he was being lined up to play a wide position anyway.

If Wootton stays then I can't see us signing any new strikers before the summer, but we're certainly at least one reliable forward down on where we were 18 months ago.
    I agree with that but do we need 3 quality strikers? Would they all play? I don't think Dennis and Thomas would get in this starting XI, not due to ability but down to the system we play.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We are not in a position to be throwing good money after bad, regardless of it only being 15k
    We were throwing way too much money at Dennis

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678