+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Financial boost

Financial boost

Seen this on the BBC Gossip column:

Nine Scottish clubs not involved in European competition - Aberdeen, Dundee United, Motherwell, Hibernian, Ross County, St Johnstone, St Mirren and relegated Hamilton Academical and Kilmarnock - will receive £250,000 each from a delayed Uefa payment for youth development schemes. (Daily Mail, print edition)

Would be a nice boost for our youth set up.

Ker-f'n-ching!
    Good old Uefa.
    Does every club in Europe not involved in European comp get this amount?
    Uefa must be trillionaires.
    Why do Sheep & Hibs get it?

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Ker-f'n-ching!
    Good old Uefa.
    Does every club in Europe not involved in European comp get this amount?
    Uefa must be trillionaires.
    You can add the Conference League to this now aswell, but this is how it works.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/abou...how-they-work/

As for Uefa being minted, European football competitions made them a cool £3bn last season. 😎

Not sure but i will hazard a guess its because both were only in it very fleetingly.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Not sure but i will hazard a guess its because both were only in it very fleetingly.
    Yip. Clubs who don't reach the group stages still get payments and only clubs who have UEFA approved youth development programmes receive money, hence nothing for Livi.

Speaking of financial benefits are we kerching-ing with John Souttar?
    Or did we make a Noel Hunt of that deal?

Speaking of financial benefits are we kerching-ing with John Souttar?
    Or did we make a Noel Hunt of that deal?
    If he goes in January or signs a new deal we will get money.

Getting his brother fully fit again is the money maker.

Hopefully along with the foundation donations this project will now be fully funded.

https://mcusercontent.com/2dc33ec9b6...eid=dc21303f5d

I'm sure all our posters are aware that at this time in this area DUFC are miles ahead of our competitors(Youth Development)and its so important to the future of the club that we keep it this way.I am not having a go at The Dees but their answer to Covid was to put a 40 year old on the bench at Pittodrie.
    We went to Ibrox and took on the champions with loads of youngsters on the park or on the bench,i would strongly encourage any of you who can afford it to join the foundation who's clear aim's are to support youth development which in the future may lead to millions of pounds of revenue to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I'm sure all our posters are aware that at this time in this area DUFC are miles ahead of our competitors(Youth Development)and its so important to the future of the club that we keep it this way.I am not having a go at The Dees but their answer to Covid was to put a 40 year old on the bench at Pittodrie.
    We went to Ibrox and took on the champions with loads of youngsters on the park or on the bench,i would strongly encourage any of you who can afford it to join the foundation who's clear aim's are to support youth development which in the future may lead to millions of pounds of revenue to the club.
    Well said indeed Boat.
    I love your posts, they're always tinged with insight & reality.
    Youth development is the mantra for any go-ahead club.
    Passed Gussie y'day and improvements go on.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)