+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: South African wave of Omicron is 2 weeks ahead of the UK wave but there is good news

South African wave of Omicron is 2 weeks ahead of the UK wave but there is good news

Although Omicron is at least twice as transmissable as Delta it is not as dangerous. Up to 70% of people with Omicron just feel a tad rough for several days and are then OK. The other 30% who need to go to hospital do not need to spend very much time there and they are cured.

There is growing evidence that when Omicron meets Delta the winner is Omicron with Delta killed.

So, if you are in hospital with Delta here's what to do. Insist upon being taken to a ward that is entirely full of Omicron cases. Shake hands with every patient, get them all to kiss you. If anyone is about to throw up stand immediately in front of that person and take the full force of the spew. Ask for a cup of coffee, then mix some of that spew into it and drink it. Let the coffee stand for a few minutes before doing the mixing in of the spew, you do not want a hot coffee killing the Omicron in the spew.

Of course the above paragraph is taking the piss. Have the common sense to take all the actions that the genuine experts advise for all the variants of Covid.

I am a student of personality types, and you sir are a person i would be drawn too. If i needed common sense and , well, common sense, its you. You also have a mind beyond the ordinary. Anyway, would being a fan of Carlisle be the equivalent of having delta? Or is it worse than that?

The crack about being a Carlisle fan is a joke.

My comment about your mind being beyond the ordinary is about your awe at the Universe.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)