+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January/Summer release list

January/Summer release list

I just thought I would put a list together of players that should be/ will be released in Jan/Summer for discussion not to provoke any arguments, so here goes

Richards
    Daniels
    Thomas
    Macfazdean
    Ramsey (End of loan)
    Gomes
    Lowery (Transfer/End of contract)
    Ainley
    Finney
    Lundstrum
    Kashkett
    Porter (Retired)
    Mandron

Quite a lengthy list

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I just thought I would put a list together of players that should be/ will be released in Jan/Summer for discussion not to provoke any arguments, so here goes

Richards
    Daniels
    Thomas
    Macfazdean
    Ramsey (End of loan)
    Gomes
    Ainley
    Finney
    Lundstrum
    Kashkett
    Porter (Retired)
    Mandron

Quite a lengthy list
    Forgot Robertson (end of loan)

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post

Richards
    Daniels
    Thomas
    Macfazdean
    Ramsey (End of loan)
    Gomes
    Ainley
    Finney
    Lundstrum
    Kashkett
    Porter (Retired)
    Mandron

Quite a lengthy list

I completely disagree on Kashket and Ainley. Ainley has never been played to his strengths, or certainly rarely. And Kashket I believe could prove to be an asset as time goes on. Mandron will leave at the end of his contract and this season has not done so well, however last season he was excellent so loathe to write him off.

How long is Kashket's contract. If it's for two years and we get relegated then I would keep him. Otherwise not.
    Ainley's contract goes beyond this summer so unless he wants away, he'll be here next season. I don't know about Lundstram's contract but he's still developing and he should stay.
    The only player we would miss is Lowery and a striker/target man as I can't see Mandron staying and surely Porter cannot keep going.

Surely Mandron re-signed for 2 years (this season and next) after the initial one? Ainley & Kashket too I think are signed for next year - as unfortunately is Gomes! I fancy Finney is too - and they'll be loath to write off Academy products who might yet bring in a fee after 15 years investment in them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Surely Mandron re-signed for 2 years (this season and next) after the initial one? Ainley & Kashket too I think are signed for next year - as unfortunately is Gomes! I fancy Finney is too - and they'll be loath to write off Academy products who might yet bring in a fee after 15 years investment in them.
    No I was wrong - signed to Summer 2022, fooled by it being done last February: https://www.crewealex.net/news/2021/...igns-new-deal/

Finney must seem an attractive proposition to some Northern Premier League teams.