+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brewers

Last 20 minutes has been all Burton. Lowery must be knackered. But today Artell must explain his decision making. Ainley on the left at the back! Johnson a natural wing back not put on until 89th minute. Robertson brought on to replace Ainley as WB? Mandron left on carrying a knock and not involved in the last 25 mins. Finney in the squad, never mind just cantering about the pitch not contributing. Why not be more adventurous with your square pegs? Why not bring on Thomas, or someone else upfront when we are clearly looking beaten? I appreciate that we have a style of play but it is pure dogma, not tactics, not to change the style of play when you are 3-1 down and the game is clearly slipping away
    We do not seem to have the energy and intensity needed to stand up to teams like this. Burton should have been rusty after their long layoff but we disappeared after 70 mins.
    By the way, when did Long start his self isolation? Under current rules couldn't he have returned based on negative testing? Still, he can have a runout on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Last 20 minutes has been all Burton. Lowery must be knackered. But today Artell must explain his decision making. Ainley on the left at the back! Johnson a natural wing back not put on until 89th minute. Robertson brought on to replace Ainley as WB? Mandron left on carrying a knock and not involved in the last 25 mins. Finney in the squad, never mind just cantering about the pitch not contributing. Why not be more adventurous with your square pegs? Why not bring on Thomas, or someone else upfront when we are clearly looking beaten? I appreciate that we have a style of play but it is pure dogma, not tactics, not to change the style of play when you are 3-1 down and the game is clearly slipping away
    We do not seem to have the energy and intensity needed to stand up to teams like this. Burton should have been rusty after their long layoff but we disappeared after 70 mins.
    By the way, when did Long start his self isolation? Under current rules couldn't he have returned based on negative testing? Still, he can have a runout on Tuesday.

I will refer you to my comments after the Morecambe when I was derided for suggesting against a decent side we would get stuffed !! Our squad with the exception of Lowery is terrible our manager will stick to 5-3-2 and ultimately this will take us down. Not for the want of repeating myself players in the squad who should not be, players being played out of position when they are not much good in their natural positions. A manager who is absolutely clueless a total imbecile incapable of managing players, recruiting players, picking of a starting 11, but we are stuck with him because who would take the job with the promise of 2 peas and a conker budget, and absolute pile of crap of a squad. I am amazed so many people are prepared to put up with this constant ****e and except this as it’s Crewe and it’s what we do.

I remember people disagreeing with parts of what you were saying but I don't recall any derision. What it seems to be is that you push the hyperbole button when you express your disappointment. Artell is not an imbecile, that is just abuse. I have been critical of some of his decision making but it is not necessary to be insulting of the man trying to do his job in difficult circumstances. The squad is not 'a pile of crap' but has struggled to cope in this division. There's a big difference between the two statements. Please do express your anger about what you see happening, after all we all do it. On the other hand there are people who assume we'll shoot up the league after just one win. Their euphoria is probably 'over the top' as well and therefore needs to be a little more tempered. We do not all agree but that doesn't mean we cannot respect each other. To disagree is not to despise or deride...just two sides of an argument. We may agree on most other things.🙂

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12