+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lets get Jack back

Lets get Jack back

Im sure the 100m was paid in instalments so we would probably only need to pay back what City spent. Maybe at the end of the season? Let him win the the league and maybe a trophy. Then come back home. In reality we couldn't sign anyone better.

Nice thought Bongo but he ain't coming back, it will be a rocky road for the lad and who's to say he will be a success or a flop but he will win premier league medals for sure, if Pep was to run out of patience with him there would be a host of clubs after him. I think he is a tad homesick and all the hype, the fee and exopectation is getting to him but he will come good. I think the biggest thing for him now is whether Southgate wants him and Foden in the England set up..

His game has changed to suit city. No more marauding runs and great goals. Its like pep has put a leash on him. Best place for Jack is a villa under Gerrard. I agree he will come good.

Have you ever considered approaching Puffin Books with your nostalgic concepts Bongo ?

This might come as a huge shock, on the back of discovering Santa ain't real

Deep intake of breath …...Dear ‘ol Jack was breaking his neck to leave Villa first to Spuds, then to the “Theatre of Merchandising” before he finally got his move to Money Chester City & returning to us isnt on his bucket list ! he is better off fcuking around where he is with that other numpty Foden

I believe we will become a far more balanced outfit without his mercurial talent !

Santa does exist freer

Not going to happen but for what it's worth I think he would have flourished under Gerrard, it might work for him under Pep, it might not but it won't be through a lack of effort from him - playing football is in his blood just as it is with the likes of Rooney & Gerrard.

I used to absolutely love watching Jack play. Unfortunately not any more and it’s not even because he’s in a different shirt. He just doesn’t play the same football anymore. It’s a crying shame.

Jack would have been better off going to Liverpool if not just staying with us, he is becoming a forgotten man and many fans asking, "How much".......sad!

Lets not, choice made, deal with it, my club, my home, MY ARSE

Agreed. Everything about this deal stinks although I think we came out on top! City doing what they do best, stealing players to bump up their English continhent no matter what the cost, Delph, Milner, Grealish. Personally, I think Jack bit off more than he chew, he is just a number at City, playing as a striker. He may grab a few medals but im sure he will feel like he has not earnt it. But like a Divorce, he chose to leave and tough, if he's getting cold feet! We are doing nicely, building a squad of our own that had he stayed would have made him a legend, there will be no statues outside the holte with his Name on it, we have more heroes now not just one, Emi, Cash, Ramsey, Buendia and maybe a couple more!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)