+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trippier

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Just been to look - he was not, his last cap was in 2016 just before he signed for us. He didn't get another cap after signing for us.

So our last English "current" international was indeed Owen.
    Good grief! Pub quiz question material!

Fantastic signing, fingers crossed. (Seen so many "deals" fall through over the last years so I wont pop my beer yet.)

A good discussion on his signing:

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...and-right-back

Hopefully Botman and other potential signings will take notice that an England international is signing for us and not afraid of the challenge

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    I wont pop my beer yet.)
    I foookin will on yer behalf, Viking.

That is amazing business because I would have been happy to get him for double that. Glad to see that we are not just kicking tyres.

Good to see us buying a full back to play as a full back instead of trying to fit square pegs in round holes using midfielders there.
    Last edited by trinitoon; 04-01-2022 at 09:46 PM.

Fantastic signing for a fantastic price.

Improves us immediately and might prove the catalyst for more of the same or even better quality. Can't wait to see him play. Who was our last decent left-back?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Fantastic signing for a fantastic price.

Improves us immediately and might prove the catalyst for more of the same or even better quality. Can't wait to see him play. Who was our last decent left-back?
    Jose Enrique

Great shout, Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Great shout, Pat.
    To be honest we have had a few half-decent ones but to my mind, he's the last real class one we have had.

Excellent signing, great price too. Let`s see who`s next................(best album the who ever made, in fact the only good album the who ever made. seems like the new boss isn`t the same as the old boss after all!)

Hopefully the first domino to fall... I don't think anyone can complain about this signing, can they?? Good player, knows the league, knows the manager a bit, and if Tarkowski comes then he presumably already knows his game pretty well too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)