+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Club beset by clowns

Club beset by clowns

Well it would appear the club has an element of the fan base who are clowns add this to the clowns on the pitch and in our dugout we are developing a business model that Billy Smart would be proud of.

Oh dear! What does this mean? Could it be that the Alex have lost a football match? What is the response to 150,000 people dying from Covid when many deaths could have been avoided?

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Well it would appear the club has an element of the fan base who are clowns add this to the clowns on the pitch and in our dugout we are developing a business model that Billy Smart would be proud of.
    I would completely agree with your assessment of those who think it ok to throw flares on to the pitch except to say that clowns are meant to be funny and these people are definitely not. They are going to end up costing the club money. However, to refer to the players as clowns I think is completely unfair and actually disrespectful. I accept when we lose and lose badly the immediate reaction with some is to spout vitriol. However, I would like to think most can express an opinion about our fortunes without being insulting and offensive. Let's face it, if confronted by any of the players on a face to face basis, how many would be so rude and insulting?

Yes, I agree totally with Timmy58. I also apologise for the tenor of my response to the original post as I was in a knee-jerk reaction to the vitriol.