+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    why now - Army?....the rise from the ashes story ?.....place your bets

but can say, that If we do manage to pot them (maybe another even)....the odds of us making a show of it, will doubtless climb.

from Wooden to Weghorst... .

My sentiments exactly Norder we’re looking at two players who regardless of league position etc improve our squad for less than 20 million , why weren’t we looking buying before we’re rooted to bottom of league , why do we have dead wood on payroll that s not going to play and is strangling the club ?

Looking at these two I’d be a little more optimistic as long as Dyche doesn’t hide them till early March as usual

From todays DM:

Burnley face a £60MILLION hit if they are relegated from the Premier League, due to terms of a loan that financed ALK Capital's £170m purchase of the club last year.
    Under the terms of Burnley’s loan from MSD UK Holdings, relegation would trigger an early repayment. Currently, they are making payments on an interest-only basis of around nine per cent until 2026, when the £60m is due.

''The owners insist they will give Sean Dyche funds to bolster his squad this month''
    They would also lose around £50m in TV and prize money in their first season, with bigger losses to follow.
    New owners ALK Capital secured the loan last January to help fund their £170m purchase, with the rest of the money coming from equity investment and the club’s bank balance.
    Burnley are in frequent touch with MSD and could renegotiate the terms, and the owners insist they are on a sound footing and will give Sean Dyche funds to bolster his squad this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    From todays DM:

Burnley face a £60MILLION hit if they are relegated from the Premier League, due to terms of a loan that financed ALK Capital's £170m purchase of the club last year.
    Under the terms of Burnley’s loan from MSD UK Holdings, relegation would trigger an early repayment. Currently, they are making payments on an interest-only basis of around nine per cent until 2026, when the £60m is due.

''The owners insist they will give Sean Dyche funds to bolster his squad this month''
    They would also lose around £50m in TV and prize money in their first season, with bigger losses to follow.
    New owners ALK Capital secured the loan last January to help fund their £170m purchase, with the rest of the money coming from equity investment and the club’s bank balance.
    Burnley are in frequent touch with MSD and could renegotiate the terms, and the owners insist they are on a sound footing and will give Sean Dyche funds to bolster his squad this month.
    Oh dear, they're not even paying the loan off, just the interest on it, we are only looking to sign two players because we've off-loaded Wood, if we do manage to sign them, Newcastle are paying for them, not BFC or ALK.

We are a small club, we cannot generate the revenue necessary to survive at this level, Garlick acknowledged this and said he would sell the club if outside INVESTMENT could be found, instead he sold the club to an organisation no more capable of investing in the club than he was and landed the club with huge debts in the process.

Mark my words, this CANNOT end well, it WILL end in tears.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Oh dear, they're not even paying the loan off, just the interest on it, we are only looking to sign two players because we've off-loaded Wood, if we do manage to sign them, Newcastle are paying for them, not BFC or ALK.

We are a small club, we cannot generate the revenue necessary to survive at this level, Garlick acknowledged this and said he would sell the club if outside INVESTMENT could be found, instead he sold the club to an organisation no more capable of investing in the club than he was and landed the club with huge debts in the process.

Mark my words, this CANNOT end well, it WILL end in tears.
    Have FAITH mon ami, Alan's an OK dude, he'll find the Wonga from somewhere.

Doesn't sound good to me. Huge parachute payments if you get relegated but sounds as if they've been accounted for already and you could end up running the cashflow gauntlet depending on timings. Stay in the Prem and you'll be fine so hopefully you'll get the signings you need to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Have FAITH mon ami, Alan's an OK dude, he'll find the Wonga from somewhere.
    Oh no BT, I've read this book before, there are numerous examples of what's about to happen to us if you look lower down the leagues, much lower down in some cases. We're on a downward financial spiral, once on it, it's almost impossible to get off. Some things I get right, some things I get wrong, but I'm right on this, it's inevitable mon ami, mark my words.

Today the Daily Mail ran it's third feature on our financial situation in a week, we are a club it normally ignores, their journos can smell a rat as well BT. Sniff the air around Turf Moor, remember Lt Col Kilgore in Apocalypse Now, sniffing the air as napalm rained down on Charlie, 'smells like.............Victory' he said. If he was stood outside Turf Moor right now he'd be saying, 'smells like................Admin.'

Oh no BT, I've read this book before, there are numerous examples of what's about to happen to us if you look lower down the leagues, much lower down in some cases. We're on a downward financial spiral, once on it, it's almost impossible to get off. Some things I get right, some things I get wrong, but I'm right on this, it's inevitable mon ami, mark my words.

Today the Daily Mail ran it's third feature on our financial situation in a week, we are a club it normally ignores, their journos can smell a rat as well BT. Sniff the air around Turf Moor, remember Lt Col Kilgore in Apocalypse Now, sniffing the air as napalm rained down on Charlie, 'smells like.............Victory' he said. If he was stood outside Turf Moor right now he'd be saying, 'smells like................Admin.'
    I've mentioned Tommy the Toon on here before sinkov, he tells me Howe is sick and tired of being messed about with "Johnny Foreigner" in transfers and he reports £25 million is being tabled for Tarkowski to get him in now.

I expect Pace will boost the coffers if they do bid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I've mentioned Tommy the Toon on here before sinkov, he tells me Howe is sick and tired of being messed about with "Johnny Foreigner" in transfers and he reports £25 million is being tabled for Tarkowski to get him in now.

I expect Pace will boost the coffers if they do bid.
    Maybe BT, but it they want Tarko they're going a very funny way about it, their number one target seems to be Carlos at Seville, but they keep getting knocked back, they've tapped Brighton for Dan Burn and Liverpool for Phillips, but of Tarko there is no mention. If the papers are to be believed, and I'm not saying they are, then Tarko is nowhere near the top of their shopping list.

Maybe BT, but it they want Tarko they're going a very funny way about it, their number one target seems to be Carlos at Seville, but they keep getting knocked back, they've tapped Brighton for Dan Burn and Liverpool for Phillips, but of Tarko there is no mention. If the papers are to be believed, and I'm not saying they are, then Tarko is nowhere near the top of their shopping list.
    Tommy was spot on with the Wood transfer and I had seen no mention of it until the deal was done!

Bite their hand off.We have a ready made younger replacement raring to go.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)