+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    in deep do-do, Gerrard wants to spunk £40 million on McNeil NOW!

For that sum of money, I'll take the best Terrier Taxi out of mothballs and take him to Birmingham for free!

Attachment 20656
    I don't believe that for a minute, the lad's not worth half of that the way he's playing. I'll be amazed if anyone comes in for him, except trying to get him on the cheap, PL defenders have him worked out, he's in their pockets, £40 million is sheer fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't believe that for a minute, the lad's not worth half of that the way he's playing. I'll be amazed if anyone comes in for him, except trying to get him on the cheap, PL defenders have him worked out, he's in their pockets, £40 million is sheer fantasy.
    Don't shoot the messenger mon ami...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ht-McNeil.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger mon ami...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ht-McNeil.html
    Not getting at you BT, but your post suggested Gerrard was willing to pay £40 million for him, seems him and others are prepared to risk £20 million on him, which is realistic. It's our idea that we can get £40 million for him that's fantasy, and I don't believe it, if someone fronts up £20 million, he's gone I reckon.

Could be worth £40m if he was in a team that could utilise his skills.If he had a team around him on a similar level then he would probably flourish.The truth is apart from Cornet the opposition dont need to mark anybody else so they usually put 2 men on Mcneill and smother him at the same time smothering any creativity we have.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Could be worth £40m if he was in a team that could utilise his skills.If he had a team around him on a similar level then he would probably flourish.The truth is apart from Cornet the opposition dont need to mark anybody else so they usually put 2 men on Mcneill and smother him at the same time smothering any creativity we have.
    Exactly right CIB , they’ll be gutted if he goes

Looks demoralised to me has the capabilities and a wand of a left foot

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Exactly right CIB , they’ll be gutted if he goes

Looks demoralised to me has the capabilities and a wand of a left foot
    He will be off when we get relegated anyway so if we get offered a big lump take it.His style is the exact opposite of Dycheball.He is like you say demoralised.I would be.

Not to bothered that we have not signed anyone quickly but we should be hearing a statement of intent from AP and SD. We might not get anyone in but our intentions should be known

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Not to bothered that we have not signed anyone quickly but we should be hearing a statement of intent from AP and SD. We might not get anyone in but our intentions should be known
    My first father-in-law asked me if "my intentions" towards his daughter were honourable.

I lied, we all lie.

Proof of the pudding is in the eating. We will see what the dynamic duo's intentions were when the window slams shut.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Surely our intentions are known, we have no intention of signing anyone, so there is no need for any statement, there is nothing to say.

Meanwhile there's a piece in The Telegraph this morning, says Newcastle will spend between £50m and £100m, the players they are looking at include Trippier, who they reckon is almost a done deal, Sven Botman from Lille, Lloyd Kelly, Joe Rodon, Mason Holgate, Tarko, Nat Philips, Rob Holding, Max Aarons, Romain Parraud and Lucas Digne. That's just defenders, there are plenty more besides.

Newcastle are serious about attempting to stay in the PL, we aren't.

I recon only players out in the Jan window

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)