+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I didn't see the Huddersfield game Mal, but all those that did, described watching a group of players who appeared to have thrown the towel in, lost interest. And the players themselves aren't stupid, the league table suggests we're going down, the performances suggest we're going down, results suggest we're going down, the lack of signings suggest we're going down, Chris Wood moving to Newcastle suggests we're going down, the players themselves will be even more aware than us of the above, and although they would never say so publicly, in the privacy of the dressing room it wouldn't surprise me if they look at each other and say, 'We're fecked aren't we'.
    Give Barnes the anti-inflammatory needle, sign Carroll and we will rocket up the League.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

The future's bright.
    The future is bright
    The future is sh1te
    I think the second one's going to be right.

Billy Shakespeare has nowt on me.

Don’t you think Cornet has a release clause if relegated BT??

Mrs S is telling me it's just popped up on her phone that we're trying to sign Benteke and Origi, the mind boggles and I can't be bothered to investigate,

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Mrs S is telling me it's just popped up on her phone that we're trying to sign Benteke and Origi, the mind boggles and I can't be bothered to investigate,
    It's pink pigs flying past my study window time, sinkov.

I think Origi would be a good signing. Benteke, like Carroll NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Rather than look at Carroll I would take a look at Charlie Austin if that is our level. I would hope to see us aiming higher than either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Rather than look at Carroll I would take a look at Charlie Austin if that is our level. I would hope to see us aiming higher than either.
    That's a thought but QPR won't want to lose him now they are challenging for promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Poor odds Sinky.I wouldn't take them.
    I got 5/2 Alf, my thinking was that we'd finished bottom 4 last season, it was clear ALK had no intention of spending any serious money, so it would be almost impossible for us not to be, at least, in the bottom 6 this season. Given that 3 of those 6 go down, it was 50/50 or even money against any one of those 6 to be relegated. And seeing 5/2 about what I reckoned was an even money bet, I filled my boots. 4/9 with some bookies now, I could lay the bet off, but bugger that, I'm letting it all run. Payback time, all that lovely money, all mine.

I was too late and missed the boat,all I could get was 5/4 so didn't bother.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)