+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Tommy was spot on with the Wood transfer and I had seen no mention of it until the deal was done!
    Seems like Tommy knew more than our Sean and Mr Pace as well BT.

We will be signing no one and slowly sink into championship oblivion.

Like you Alf, I too am starting to wonder if there is any desire to see our run in the premier league continue.

The transfer window opened up on the 1st January 2022 and although every man and his dog could see we needed to improve our central midfield, we have seen no incoming signings.

Our only participation in this transfer window being an outgoing of Chris Wood to Newcastle, leaving us also needing a replacement striker, but still nothing incoming.

My question to the club would be just what the hell have Pace and Dyche been doing this January. One can no longer blame Garlick and Rigg this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Like you Alf, I too am starting to wonder if there is any desire to see our run in the premier league continue.

The transfer window opened up on the 1st January 2022 and although every man and his dog could see we needed to improve our central midfield, we have seen no incoming signings.

Our only participation in this transfer window being an outgoing of Chris Wood to Newcastle, leaving us also needing a replacement striker, but still nothing incoming.

My question to the club would be just what the hell have Pace and Dyche been doing this January. One can no longer blame Garlick and Rigg this time.
    I wandered how long it would take Vintage for someone to ask what we’ve doing for the first 24 days it’s like we love paying a dearer price nearer the end of the January window and also all the hassle back and forth rubbish that comes with SKY S pantomime.

The fact we haven’t really played could have given us an advantage bedding players into the squad - but what do we know Vintage Eh ?

Keep the faith chaps-until the end of the window!We all said the same about the lengthy negotiations with Cornet and we got our man.Let Pace have the benefit of the doubt until the window shuts.If there are no replacements-and I refer to Orsic and Weghorst.If we get those two we have done great business for two consecutive windows.If we dont then the rumours about the finances are true and we are fecked.We are talking around 20m for the two players and we got 25m for Wood so there can be no excuses.

I would rather pay a extra few millions for this 12 day winter break working in training so when the first game arrives this new striker understand his runs and how to play with the team.. so he might have a chance of winning us the next few games..

But no we will spend all the time since woods departure fannying about with low ball offending offers to then settle for some under average championship player who will then take the next 5 games to get "Dyche fit"

Its just such a ****ty position to be ruled by business men (and not very good ones) than football men!

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    If we get those two we have done great business for two consecutive windows. If we dont then the rumours about the finances are true and we are fecked.
    Even should we get them CiB the rumours about our finances will still be true. Pace is off down to London to sign two players, like he's some big player in the transfer market. It's bollox, he's not a serious player in the market, he's not there with any money of his own, he's there with some of Newcastle's Saudi blood money to spend, that's all.

At the end of this window we'll have either two new players and potless owners, one new player and owners with a bit of loose change, or no new players and £25m to help pay debts off.

Am I seeing a pattern here BT?? Did you defend the former Chairman of BFC, and the way he ran the club, with the same faith and positivity that I now see you defend Pace?? I was no fan of the former Chairman but have still not lost all faith in the new.. but it looks a bit worrying, but it did that from the first day we heard they had bought the club with the clubs own money... hopefully he knows more about football and creative banking than the rest of us. For now I’ll join you in your optimism BT

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    At the end of this window we'll have either two new players and potless owners, one new player and owners with a bit of loose change, or no new players and £25m to help pay debts off.
    If the latter (can you say that about 3 options?) we are definitely and intentionaly going down.

"At the end of this window we'll have either two new players and potless owners, one new player and owners with a bit of loose change, or no new players and £25m to help pay debts off."

IF we get those two players Sinkov the team should be far more balanced and fit to stage a comeback in the second half of the season.Wood was past his best and I have no doubt he will soon be shut out of the first team at Newcastle.He was firing blanks-simple tap ins were being missed.Ultimately Cornet was making him look amateur.
    We could have two hungry, technically superior players in the front line and/or a creative midfield player at our disposal.That is something everybody on here has been crying out for.
    I prefer Pace`s transfer moves to those of the previous owners by a country mile.Yes they may be potless(more than likely) but their targets in the transfer window are a breath of fresh air after the last three years.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 29-01-2022 at 08:58 AM.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)